Job at Daniel Ogechi Akujobi Memorial (DOAM) Foundation
Posted on: 17 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Daniel Ogechi Akujobi Memorial (D
DOAM Foundation is a charitable, humanitarian, and non-governmental organization established in 2006. The Foundation is dedicated to the enhancement of the education, health and empowerment of less-privileged children and youths in our society.
The Foundation is presently seeking for skilled and highly motivated Program Officers to join its team.
- The Programme Officer will be involved in proposal and report writing, community engagement, donor/benefactor stewardship and fundraising amongst others.
- In this role, She/He will be responsible for developing and sustaining long-term relationships with current potential donors to maximize their philanthropic participation with the Foundation and must have strong interest in working with vulnerable populations, especially children and the youth.
- Database and donor relationship management
- Fund raising
- Research avenues and maintain a knowledge base to further develop and enhance the capacity of orphaned and vulnerable children (OVCs)
- Prepare routine reports on program activities.
- Prepare grant agreements and maintain grantee files.
- Monitoring and evaluation of funded projects.
- Develop ideas, projects and provide support to the Program Manager to develop strategies and intended outcomes to actualize the Foundation’s mission and values.
- Work with the Program Manager in partnering with other NGOs/CBOs and Institutions for building community driven strategies of improving the livelihood of orphaned and vulnerable children, including less privileged youths.
- Engage communities in defining their needs and building community driven strategies to address these needs.
- Any other duties as defined by the Program Manager.
- A first degree in any social science discipline from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience on programme development and management in the non-profit or development sector.
- Pleasant and amiable personality
- Good resource planning, organization and utilization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Result oriented, with excellent report writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze think critically and understand issues and trends in the non- profit sector.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
Method of Application
To apply for this role, please forward: email@example.com
- A curriculum vitae, including names and contact details of three referees.
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and summarizing your relevance
Experiences and suitability for the position (no more than 1 page).
Please Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Daniel Ogechi Akujobi Memorial (DOAM) FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Food Security & Livelihood Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Communications Interns at Education as a Vaccine
- Job Openings at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Vacancies at The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Graduate Officer, Village Health Worker (Gates Project) at Society For Family Health (SFH)
- Youth Data Reporters at Education as a Vaccine
- Finance and Administration Directors at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)