GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- GE Africa's Early Career Development Program (ECDP) is a twelve month development program designed to give recent university/college graduates challenging work assignments, training and development, and exposure to leadership.
- The program combines hands on experience with formal classroom training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to become leaders in GE.
- This position will be within the Global Growth Business based in Lagos, Nigeria or Accra, Ghana and are open to recent university/college graduates in Law.
- Responsible for reviewing, updating and tracking the following documents: Powers of Attorney; Non-Disclosure Agreements; leases, first level review of agreements and other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Research and collect data, review legislative trends including updating advise obtained from external counsel and communicate these to the legal team and implement early warning system
- Update manual and digital repositories (support central libraries and shared drives) with latest materials;
- Promote frequent use of repositories to ensure user awareness of key information and documents;
- Interface with internal and external senior level executives, government officials and various outside organizations on a need to basis;
- Support the West Africa legal team in process improvement initiatives, in line with current business challenges
- Drive compliance programs across the region
- As valuable members of our team, ECDP participants will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments
- Business mentors
- Leadership training
- Functional training
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other ECDP members
- Recent college/university graduate with no more than 2 years’ work experience /or with national service discharge (relevant degrees and/or experience preferred).
- LLB; BL; LLM (LLM not mandatory)
- 2 years of legal experience.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Must be fluent in spoken and written French
- Authorized to work in your country full-time and without restriction. For Nigeria, must have NYSC discharge or exemption certificate in hand
- Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Excel and other MS packages (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated team player
- Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
- A post graduate degree in a relevant field will be an advantage
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.