Training Officer at UNICEF
Posted on: 16 October, 2012
Deadline: 30 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
Post Title: - Training Officer, NOB. Ahuja.
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-27-2012
Contract Type: Two years Fixed Term
Deadline for application: 30 October 2012
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of experienced Training Officer, who will under the supervision of the Chief, Human Resources, be responsible for the implementation of UNICEF Nigeria training and staff development activities.
Some of the major functions that the incumbent is expected to carry out are as follows:
Create a Training work plan through consultation with staff. Management. in partnership with our Region and headquarters colleagues (as appropriate) for the appropriate delivery of a wide range of quality services.
Based on identified training needs, assists in designing and implementing innovative, focused training and development programmes that are capable of delivering capacity building of staff and real performance gains to UNICEF - Nigeria within available budgets and shapes an integrated process for the benefit of staff of UNICEF Nigeria.
In consultation with Management, develop best practice in all aspects of staff development, capacity building in conjunction with performance management and constantly evaluate the effectiveness of training programs to determine areas of improvement, challenges and opportunities for growth in training functions. Assists in guiding line management on training and development needs to ensure that training becomes an integral part of staff development.
Periodically track, maintain and review records of the organization's achievement with regard to the annual training plan and activities, highlighting success, weaknesses and challenges for consideration in mandatory reports.
Minimum qualification & competencies:
University Degree in Human Resources Management required. Masters in Human Resources Management or/and organizational development preferred.
Two (2) years progressively responsible work experience in developing and managing Training and/or Human Resources programmes. Working within a Human Resource Section in HR programme delivery; and experience working in an international organization will be considered a distinct advantage .
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language an/or local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Good communication, analytical and negotiating skills. Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Knowledge of computer management and applications.
Method of Application
All eligible candidates must please send via email
(1) cover letter (one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description) and
2) a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form; to email@example.com by close of
business on Tuesday, 30 October 2012.
IMPORTANT: Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well
qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Job Vacancy at Echoes of Mercy & Hope Foundation (EMHF)
- Fresh Job Vacancy at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Latest Job Openings at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)