About Company: Our client is a foremost financial service firm that offers financial services such as Securities Trading, Consumer Finance, Principal Investments and Financial Advisory to a range of clients across Africa.
Job Summary: The GCFO position is accountable for the administrative, financial,and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Report financial results to the board of directors.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Ensure all funding needs are well articulated and the capital base is optimally utilised.
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors.
- Must have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of cognate experience with a major company or division of a large corporation
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and member or fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Compensation: Highly Attractive
go to method of application »
- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Ensure prompt and effective call over of branch transactions.
- Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, unreviewed transactions and income leakages
- Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
- Review of expense and cash advances and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
- Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
- Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every relevant account.
- Review of Fixed Asset Register
- Review KYC compliance.
- Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Review of system exception message report.
- Review of GL/P&L Movement Report.
- Conduct serial checks /tests on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in the branches under coverage.
- Establish and maintain an Internal Process discipline and alignment within the business
- Ensure learning and development within the team and business on internal control standards
- Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the Firms strategy and key objectives
- Review the accuracy of financial records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Develop an internal control testing methodology
- Examine procedures in existence to ensure that resources and assets are safeguarded
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
- Coordinate the review of accounting records to ensure proper records are maintained
- Review of financial statements as appropriate and liaise on regular basis with external auditors
- Ensure contract price and prices of purchased items are reasonable
- Measure and be accountable for business and strategic plan execution.
- Be responsible for financial goals and measure to performance goals.
- Have insights into customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Review of Suspense/Transit/Proxy Accounts.
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
- Integrity of the GL accounts in the Business offices of the region.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
- Efectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented
- Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators reports.
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
- Undetected Income leakage/P&L reversal arising from undetected processing errors
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- 5-7 years cognate experience in internal and/or external audit environment, with audit experience of public sector or similar organization.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proven supervisory skills to properly guide, encourage and monitor audit staff and student audit interns.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Compensation: Highly attractive
Method of Application
Forward an updated copy of your Resume to email@example.com