Our Client, a multi-professional services company with active interest in construction, project finance and real estate is seeking to hire a well experienced and detailed individual to fill the role of Internal Audit/Risk and Compliance Officer
We are looking for an objective internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
The Job holder will report to the MD/CEO
• Perform an oversight function over the Human Resources, Training, & Management Services Units.
• Manage and guide the overall provision of the Human Resources services, policies and programs for the entire company.
• Accountable for the proper procurement, management and disposal of Admin related assets and facilities of the Company.
• Ensures that there is maximum availability of the Company’s resources to staff for the effective execution of their jobs
• Champions the execution of the Company’s strategic plans in relation to its human and physical assets
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Supervising and providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
• Ensuring the compliance of organizational culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the company’s objectives.
• Reporting to Management on issues regarding implementation of policies and procedures, safety of the workforce, recruiting and hiring high-performing employees, and labor, statutory and other human resources issues.
• Consistently ensuring compliance with the Nigerian Labor Laws.
• Constantly structuring effective compensation and benefit programs in order to attract and retain top talent.
• Leading performance management, talent assessment and effective labor relationships.
• Managing skills enhancement and professional development programs within the allocated budget.
• Managing the design and delivery of training programs in accordance with the needs of the Company.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of all Training and development activities to identify areas of improved performance and to feed into future plans.
• Providing reports to management identifying Learning & Development trends and return on investment analyses.
• Oversees the activities of the Administration unit and staff to ensure maximum availability of the Company’s resources
• Participates in negotiations to ensure assets and services are procured at the best price for the Company
• Accountable for the capital and operating expenditure of the unit
• Oversees the activities of the Facilities Management unit and staff to ensure maximum availability of the Company’s resources
• Participates in negotiations to ensure services are procured at the best price for the Company
• Accountable for the operating expenditure of the unit
• Ensure business recovery plans are in place and lead disaster recovery efforts
Education / qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Masters in HR or MBA or any related field
• Professional qualification or membership in HR (foreign or local)
Attributes / experience
• High level of Integrity
• High level of Tenacity and Commitment
• Excellent knowledge of the Nigerian Labor Law
• Experience in Financial services preferably Insurance or Banking
• Minimum of 12 -15 years’ HR experience
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Excellent Communication skills
• Policy development & implementation
• HR Business Strategist
• People Oriented
• High level of Maturity
• Must have managed a team at Group level
• Experience in a General Administration role or Unit