If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
About the Commercial Finance Manager
This role is responsible for delivering financial insight, analysis and support to the sales organization. As the finance lead for the customer team you will develop a deep understanding of our customer financial structures, trade spend process and identify opportunities for improvement. You will support customer growth plans across the area by leading the preparation of the financial evaluation of new commercial ideas and proposals and to coordinate the overall trade spend process i.e. Trade Spend Review, ROI, Annual Budget and alignments with the global trade policy.
Key Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities
- Prepares preliminary net revenue and trade spend assessment for monthly closing
- Gathers, rigorously analyses and interprets information on trade investment performance and report trade investment trends that need business attention
- Monthly trade spend variance reviews of actuals vs. forecast and to understand business reasons for variances
- Management and optimization of trade spend targets, ensuring they are in line with objectives
- Pre and Post Promotional evaluation analysis highlighting successes and failures, with actions to improve effectiveness
- Ensures the provision made in TSM can be supported and explained, able to show the over and under provision/spend by customers
- Assist to enforce current trade spend control process and look into opportunity to strengthen trade spend control
- Strengthens control in trade returns charge to trade spend bucket and perform sufficient checks to minimize the activities
- Verifies against trading term, to advise sales team for any missing term not created
- Advises and monitors sales team to resolve any customer financial related issues
- Closely monitors and reports DB stock profile to ensure target being achieved
- Integrity to ensure effectiveness of trading terms
- Courage to enforcement of trade policy compliance
- Continuously improvement in company’s trade spend consumption
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to minimum Bachelor degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Must be a member of MIA/professional body
- Proven track record of results delivery within financial accounting & control, commercial finance and/or business planning; ideally developed within an FMCG or Consumer Health environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of JD Edwards would be an added advantage
- The business language in RB is English; therefore fluency in this language is essential. Fluency in other languages(s) is advantageous
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating.
- You’ll demonstrate financial and commercial acumen and understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment; to guide and support the category teams achieve financial commitments
- Courage to challenge and influence business assumptions and decisions based on fact based information and meaningful analytics
- Capable of building strong working relationships & interacting with stakeholders with confidence and credibility
- Ability to provide financial support and handle multiple tasks within an open and interactive environment
- Strong leadership skills and energetic management style
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to drive business critical projects and meet tight deadlines; can work independently under general direction
- Strong system direction and interaction (JDE, Daily Sales, Microsoft Office, TM1)
- Willing to relocate internationally to pursue career opportunities
Method of Application
To apply, visit RB Career Page