Summary: eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different engagements and technologies. S/he translates software requirements into workable programming code as well as develops and maintains programs for business use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different technologies
- Collaborates with the product and engineering teams to design, build and maintain efficient tools and frameworks to manage highly performant applications
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments
- Develops state-of-the-art monitoring and metrics gathering systems
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Provides thought-leadership relating to emerging technologies and makes recommendations how to integrate them into business operations
- Follows best practices for quality, testability & operability
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- Minimum of 4 years practical development or operational experience or equivalent
- Experience leveraging Docker and Vagrant within a local development workflow
- Experience with deployment of production code leveraging Docker containers
- Background in Python- or Java-based backend services
- Experience using cloud services (AWS preferred) and a variety of open source technologies
- Experience using Git
- Experience and preference for working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Fluent in English, French is desired
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on TheResumator
Why work for us?
Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
For any questions, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.