If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client a leading Oil and Gas Construction company, requires for immediate employment, a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Working as a key member of the Commercial Team the Quarry Sales Manager will lead a team of key account managers and the primary purpose of the role will be to meet and exceed the budgeted aspirations for asphalt and drystone.
The role is an important one within the senior team and reports into the Commercial Director. In addition to managing and coaching the sales team the Area Sales Manager will need to forge close working relationships with the credit control, operational, distribution and internal sales teams to actively promote outstanding customer service.
The successful applicant will be, first and foremost, a driven and self-motivated individual with proven ability to communicate at all levels. A results orientated individual with proven experience to deliver demanding targets with tight deadlines. The applicant should be computer literate in Excel and Word and possess a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
Candidates must have at least five years experience in Quarry operations with a sales bias.
go to method of application »
- Coordinate relationship with host communities, government and other external public to facilitate delivery of project on schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Position
- Ensure a cordial relationship between company and host communities, government and other external publics within company areas of operation
- Carry out pro - active visit to host communities and relevant government agencies to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure close-out of all issues, conflicts between company and community and government agencies..
- Promptly report community incidents to management and come up with action plan to resolve the incidence.
- Identify company’s legitimate commitment to communities and government and ensure implementation of same.
- Ensure zero disruption of company operations by company host communities or any agency of government.
- Identify opinion leaders and arrow heads amongst company external publics that may be useful to company.
- Monitor changes in plan and leadership of host communities, government agencies and other external stakeholders and promptly notify Government and External Relations Manager of such changes.
- Coordinate issuance of corporate gifts to government and external contacts.
- Maintain cordial relationship with client public relations department.
- Shall perform such other assignment as may be directed by the Government and external relations manager.
Educational Qualification required for position:
- B.Sc or HND in Social Sciences
Professional qualification required for position:
- Membership of relevant professional body.
Experience required for position:
- Minimum of 5 experience in similar role
Competencies required for position:
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job title as Subject.