Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI 2) is using communication to increase demand for family planning among men and women. The program is expanding outreach to Ogun and Ondo by rebroadcasting a proven successful radio drama/magazine/call in program and also a series of campaign spots in Ogun and Ondo states. NURHI 2 is seeking full-time Media Consultants to oversee the rebroadcast of the radio program in these states. The position will be short-term, (Six months).
Position: Media consultant for the NURHI 2 project
Supervisor: CCP/NURHI 2 Project Director
Location: Ogun State (1); Ondo State (1)
Duration: June – December 2016
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide technical guidance in the minor production and editing of the radio promos/spots and scripts for the live call in show.
- Ensure that the radio promos and spots are recorded based on the guidelines provided by NURHI 2.
- Work with the NURHI 2 team in Lagos and the MSION in selecting a family planning (FP) expert who will co-host together with the popular DJ.
- Facilitate the training of the FP expert and the popular DJ identified by the radio station.
- Work with the NURHI 2/MSION team to identify the guest speakers for the weekly show.
- Monitor the airing of the promos and radio spots
- Provide monthly reports to the NURHI team as directed by the NURHI 2 project director.
- Oversee the production for the live call in show.
- Liaise with MSION and provider sites
- Document all the calls and sms received during the live call in show
- Submit monthly reports as directed by the NURHI 2 project director.
Required skills knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in mass communication, journalism, public health or a related field. Postgraduate training or graduate degree in public health.
- At least 3 years’ experience as Radio programs producer in a radio station or with a development organization. Experience in writing skills.
- Fluent in speaking Yoruba language.
- Be a team player.
- Experience maintaining an interactive website.
- Excellent English language skills.
Nigerian citizens and residents of Ondo and Ogun States are preferred. The position is short-term, and will end on 31 December, 2016.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward their applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Title” of the position and preferred “State” indicated in the application or in the subject line of the email. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Letters of application and CVs should be submitted not later than Friday 20th May.