Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Support and provide inputs to Head, Retail Risk Operations, Nigeria & West Africa for developing operational model and shaping strategic agenda for Fraud risk management and implementing the strategic direction for the country.
• Work with Head, Retail Risk Operations, Nigeria & West Africa to design and implement the Fraud Risk strategy and infrastructure for the country for channels and products within Retail Clients segment.
• Manage fraud risk, assisting businesses with implementing the ‘best in class’ tools & processes to minimize fraud losses while maintaining and adhering to customer charter goals and objectives.
• Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across Retail Customers segment.
• Develop a proactive, independent, balanced and a fraud risk awareness culture within the organisation
• Develop effective fraud risk management strategies and timely deploy these strategies across products and channels
• Ensure the cost budget in Fraud risk management is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline.
• Identify industry best fraud risk infrastructure and management practices are tabled and are considered for adoption within the country
• Ensure country fraud risk management team achieves expense and loss budget targets
• Ensure that gross and residual fraud risks are understood and agreed with the respective business heads in the country
• Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for the country for Fraud Risk Management.
• Develop and maintain fraud management capabilities, skills and infrastructure in the country that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations and are responsive to fraud attacks.
• Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
• Implement the Operational Risk Framework and monitor the operational risk metrics for the country to identify potential control weaknesses.
• Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
• Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of fraud risk management processes.
• Ensure effective recovery tracking process in place in the country
• Follow rigorous expense management discipline and enhance capacity planning, forecasting and cost reporting processes
People and Talent
• Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality FRM professionals at country level.
• Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
• Ensure that holders of all critical roles are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
• Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
• Develop a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud.
• Ensure all FRM policies and procedures in the country comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
• Ensure various fraud risks are being actively prevented and detected in a timely manner on an end-to-end basis
• Proactive in seeking regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standards
• Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible fraud scenarios in the country.
• Recommend changes to the process control environment or to business practices, where necessary, to reduce the level of fraud risk exposure to within the agreed appetite.
• Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, while remaining within risk appetite.
• Provide oversight across country fraud risk management team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in the country fraud risk management team to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture
• Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews for the country.
• Ensure authorisation rates and processes for the country meet Group standards
• Ensure compliance to Visa/ master card rules and regulations
• Internal stakeholders
o RCOs, Head, Retail Risk Operations, Nigeria & West Africa
o Regional / Country Business Heads and Product Head, Retail Client segment
o FGCs/ In country governance forums (or other forums, as may be applicable)
o Financial Crime Risk
o Country Collections Head and Policy team
o Relevant members of Risk Operations management team
o Internal IT partners supporting Retail Clients business
o HR & L &TD team
o Operations, L&C and Customer Experience Management unit
• External stakeholders
o Auditors and Regulators
o Associations (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and other Regional / Local forums), Credit Bureaus and peer Banks
o Law Enforcement agencies
o Suppliers, vendors and consultants
Qualifications and Skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
To apply, visit Standard Chartered Bank Career Page