If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Company is involved in the production and sale of shrink packaging products, including printed Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) shrink labels, shrink film, tamper evident bands, tapes, wraps and sleeves in Nigeria. The Company is expanding quickly in to the LD film and BOPP markets; and has established a strong presence in the Nigerian fast-moving consumer goods market sector.
The Human Resource Manager leads and directs the HR team to enable them to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business. The HR Manager proactively advises on best practice HR and where necessary takes a hands-on role in dealing with case work. The HR Manager supports the people management functions that strengthen the business culture.
- Human Resource planning
- Employee recruitment and selection
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Occupational safety and health at work
- Policy development and documentation
- Industrial Relations or Employee relations
- Exit Management and Retirement
- Organisational development
- Employee orientation, training and development
- Performance management
- Employment laws compliance
- Expatriate management
- Develop, Implement and drive the performance management system
- Administer compensation, benefits and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies, recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunities and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Supervision of general cleanliness of the general premises. Ensures the health and safety of all employees.
- Liaising with Government agencies on rates/fines /duties.
- Ensures that all statutory payments are made (Pension, Group Life Insurance and government agencies)
- Ensures that all office facilities are in good order (Telephone, Light, water,) and prompt payment of bills.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of the organization.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests.
- Provide terminated employees with outplacement or relocation assistance.
- Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service.
- Manage on-boarding process – ensure forms – bank, pension, health insurance etc are filled appropriately.
- Carry out reference checks, background checks on new entrants
- Supervise expatriate quota administration and management
- Coordinate mobility, relocation and accommodation
- Health insurance and pension administration
- Implement staff loans and employee requests.
- And other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the Human Resources Department
- A conducive and good working environment for improved staff morale and productivity
- Absence and quick resolution of staff/management conflicts
- Timely assistance in resolving all human resource problems.
- Timely and cost effective provision of various services needed to achieve corporate objectives/goals
- Implementation of an efficient performance management process
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- A Bachelor's Degree with five to eight years of human resource management experience in a manufacturing company with a culturally diverse work environment.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Confident and eloquent speaker with a demonstrated mastery of negotiation, written communication skills including the ability to cultivate great relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently, change direction frequently, and work without supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally.
- Advance use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below