Job Vacancy in a Manufacturing Company
Posted on: 10 May, 2016
Deadline: 27 May, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A manufacturing Company in Abuja founded in 1999 has grown by consistently coordinating its efforts to offer modular furnishing solutions marked by genuine quality, design and technologies.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of industrial relations and the implementation of HR strategies, effective delivery of HR services and management of HR programs.
- Provide operational HR support leadership while supporting the Management on HR planning process for effective HR programming
- Coordinate recruitment and development of Job Description, posting, responding to applicants, short listing, interviewing and complete the full cycle of recruitment and selection.
- Developing labor policies,
- Implement industrial labor relations programs to oversee compliance with the union’s negotiated contract.
- Overseeing the management of industrial labor relations, negotiating collective bargaining agreements with the union, managing grievance procedures to handle complaints from unionized employees
- Advising the human resources staff to ensure compliance with the contract,
- Consulting with executive management to get input into aspects of personnel policies,
- Minimum Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years' related experience; MA degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Human Resource Practitioner License from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria
- Previous membership of one of the Industrial Unions affiliated with the Nigerian Labour Congress with at least 5 years leadership in the said Union will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of and experience in dealing with Unionized Employees including but not limited to negotiating and implementing collective Agreements.
- Working knowledge of and experience in all laws and Regulations regulating Labour and trade disputes in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with Labour development systems and policies.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, project staff, and clients.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must be resident in Abuja or willingly to live in Abuja
Salary and Benefits are competitive and attractive.
Method of Application
Applicants should send a cover letter and Resume in MS Word Format or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications received after the closing date above will not be considered.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- ERP Operations Manager - PM at Dangote Group
- Latest Jobs at Fan Milk Plc
- Office Assisitant at Adunni Organics
- Admin Officer at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Manager Production at GBFoods - Africa GINO BU
- WECA Distribution Manager at Kimberly-Clark
- Job Vacancies at The Dangote Group
- Deputy Quality Assurance Manager at Giant Beverages Limited