State Team Leader Vacancy at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 11 October, 2012
Deadline: 26 October, 2012
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves
lives and improves health, especially among the world's poorest and
most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action
in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the
health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the
gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Position: State Team Leader, Adamawa
Job ID: 13-5591
The objective of the State Team Leader position is to provide overall leadership and management of the LMS-ACT project in the state and related states/areas in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
- Spearheading coordination, implementation and reporting of the LMS-ACT program in State and related states
- Ensure optimal resource management in the project
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Lead the development of an integrated LMS-ACT project plan for State in collaboration with the Project Director, Deputy Project Director, Director Health Systems Strenghtening, Advisors and State Specialists.
- Operationalize LMS-ACT project plan in the State ensuring efficient coordination of resources to maximize integration and synergy of program areas.
- Establish system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Support the state HMIS Officer to establish a functional state M&E data system with periodic analyses and review to inform program management.
- Establish a system for timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take responsibility for management of the state LMS-ACT project budget and all other resources under the direction of Deputy Director Finance/Operations.
- Advocate and represent MSH LMS-ACT project at the highest level in the state on matters of HIV/AIDS and TB
- Liaise and network with relevant LMS-ACT partners and collaborators in the state to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provides clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keeps LMS senior management informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Graduate degree in public health, public administration, management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years senior level work experience in health program management in developing countries, or equivalent.
- Previous supervision or team leader experience.
- Proven track record in managing international projects or in senior management of a large and complex project overseas.
- Demonstrated leadership and capacity to oversee USAID-funded (sub) projects.
- Understanding of USAID and field Missions; USG audiences, trends and requirements.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing support to institutions to strengthen their management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and partner organizations to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software.
The Prevention Organizational Systems AIDS Care and Treatment Project (Pro-ACT) is a USAID-funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The goal of the project is to build the capacity of Nigeria’s public/private institutions and communities to strengthen sustainable systems for HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery. The project seeks to recruit highly creative and innovative individuals with cutting edge technical skills and integrity to fill the following vacant positions:
To apply for this position, please see the instructions below.
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: October 26, 2012
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, age, veteran’s status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Electrical Engineer at Me Cure Healthcare Limited
- Pharmacists at Abuja Clinics
- Jobs at Box & Cedar
- Experienced Staff Nurse Midwives/Midwives at Adefemi Hospital Limited
- Nursing Vacancy at Ladkem Eye Hospital
- Job Openings at Medline Locum Agency
- Job Openings at The World Medical Center (WMC)
- Medical Officer at Isalu Hospitals Limited