USAID/Nigeria in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office:
Basic Function of the Position
- The Project Management Specialist (Food Security) is the key person to effectively manage, monitor and evaluate Food for Peace (FFP) resources in Nigeria.
- He/she will monitor and give direction within the limits of the donor/recipient relationship to both emergency and potentially non-emergency food assistance programs and report on their implementation to the USAID/Nigeria Mission, Abuja, FFP Regional Office (Dakar) and Agreement Office Representatives (AORs) (Washington, DC).
- He/she is also required to exercise a very high level of autonomy and act with limited direction from USAID/Nigeria and USAID/FFP staff according to the guidance provided for the implementation of these programs.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Social Sciences, Technical Field (e.g. Agriculture, Public Health, and Nutrition) or a related area is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in a managerial or technical capacity in an international organization of which at least three (3) years of experience in one or more aspects of managing development or humanitarian assistance projects such as performance monitoring, management of monitory and evaluation plans and their components, information management is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of the function and operation of foreign aid programs, and familiarity with humanitarian relief operations is required.
- Demonstrated capacity for perceptive analysis, high degree of professionalism, team work, and the ability to write logically with excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet competency is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans' preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans' preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR's decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or - Ordinarily Resident - N10,948,692 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-11
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Method of Application
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: AbujaHRAID@state.gov
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
Click here to download the Position Decriptions (PDF)
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale