Vacancy at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Posted on: 10 May, 2016
Deadline: 23 May, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Association for Reproductive and
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position below in a USAID funded OVC project: Local Partners for Orphans and Vulneable Children Project in Region One:
- The Program Associate will assist in programming for Vulnerable Children, and their Families through Household economic strengthening activities, Graduation/Transitioning of eligible enrolees and establishing public- private partnership (PPP), in addition to the engagement of Community leaders/FBOs to promote sustainability and ownership. Of essence is strengthening the coordinating structures at Community, LGA and State levels.
- Reporting to Director of Programs (Lagos)
- Assist in Household Economic Strengthening activities at community level in line with the project proposal and implementation plan.
- Liaise with private sector actors, local government officials, local NGOs and civil society organization, local religious leaders and other notables to enlist their support for the project.
- Maintain close working relationships with humanitarian and development organizations, and local partners (banks, training institutes, insurance companies and micro-finance institutions), including representing ARFH at local coordination meetings as assigned.
- Fashion out market oriented strategies to ensure sustainability of livelihood gains, including: private sector demand-driven job creation, enterprise development, financial education, value chain linkages and appropriate savings, VSLA, credit & insurance services for various age groups.
- Identify appropriate partners and foster appropriate linkages with private sector organization for funding.
- Assist households to implement activities that have long-term viability to empower them to take care of the needs of their wards and children.
- Provide support to stakeholders at State, LGA and CBO levels to develop state specific work plans on Household Economic Strengthening.
- Strengthen technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and SMWASD on Household Economic Strengthening strategies.
- Assist in coordinating and provide direct oversight to project activities to ensure successful implementation of Household Economic Strengthening strategies.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in program activities and reports
- Provide timely update on grant work plan progress.
- Participate in project review meetings, project monitoring, reporting and documentation
- A Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or related disciplines with at least 3-4 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in Household Economic Strengthening of Vulnerable Families and financial literacy activities.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs within the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is added advantage.
- Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as the name and contact addresses of at least two referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Association for Reproductive and Family HealthSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International