Job Vacancy at The Association of Power Generation Companies
Posted on: 10 May, 2016
Deadline: 27 May, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The Association of Power Generation Companies is a non-profit and non-political organization formed to provide a platform to discuss issues of common interest relevant to the Nigerian Electricity Generation Industry.
- As the Executive Secretary, the individual will perform diverse secretarial duties and administrative functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound decision-making in line with the Associations / activities and goals.
- He / She will also be required to exercise independent judgment, escalating serious or unique problems to the Association Chairman and Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and management of the Association
- Provide full headquarters support to the all member companies of the Association
- Assist with the logistics and organization of the Monthly Association Meetings
- Manage all correspondences directed to the Association by analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance
- Maintain all corporate books and accounts, receive and disburse funds and handle all corporate financial transactions
- Oversee public relations campaigns
- Implement directives of and provide administrative support to the Chairman and Board of Trustees
- Give direction to the Association personnel
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the electricity industry on behalf of the Association
- High-level engagement with government officials on behalf of the Association
- Ensure periodic publicity of the Association for the purpose of educating and enlightening the public on the aims and objective of the Association
- Perform technical functions critical to the mission of the Association
- Provide operational and managerial advice to the Chairman and Board of Trustees.
- Research and prepare monthly technical and administrative reports
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Administration, Law and Engineering.
- An MBA or post-graduate Degree in any of the disciplines above would be an added advantage
- At least 10 years working experience with a minimum of 5 years in management capacity in Power Generation, Distribution or Power Quality industries
- Extensive experience in stakeholders management
- Perform related duties as assigned
The successful candidate is expected to have the following competencies:
- Leadership,creativity and technical background with a vast understanding of the power sector.
- Candidate must be team oriented, a forward thinking manager with hands-on management experience
- Be receptive and have warm disposition to welcome and accommodate ideas and opinions of all and sundry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Strong PC skills (proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Sound research skills
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent attention to detail.
An attractive remuneration package.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their current resume and cover letters to email@example.com
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Human Resources Country Manager at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Advocacy and Communications Officer at Action Against Hunger | AAH-International
- Procurement Roles at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Admin Manager at Mines Advisory Group (MAG International)
- Job Vacancies at Oxfam Nigeria
- Head of Business Development at Save the Children Nigeria
- Human Resources Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)