The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a five-year, DFID-funded programme in Nigeria, implemented between June 2014 and May 2019 in Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Yobe and Zamfara states. The programme is implemented by Palladium in collaboration with a consortium of partners.
Scope of Work
- Since its inception in June 2014, MNCH2 has tracked a number of indicators to monitor programme performance against its approved logframe.
- Reporting on indicators flows from supported health facilities and communities, collected and collated by state-level MNCH2 coordinators, reviewed and consolidated by the MNCH2 Advisors at the headquarters in Kano and submitted to DFID through quarterly progress reports.
- As part of ongoing efforts to improve quality of reporting, Palladium seeks the services of an experienced seniorM&E consultant to conduct a data quality audit of the reported indicators and reporting processes.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Review Year 1 and Year 2 MNCH2 quarterly reports and work with MNCH2 staff to compile all indicators and the reported data, by quarter and by state
- Map and document the MNCH2 data flow/reporting process that was used for each indicator.
- Conduct data verification of the indicators at the Kano headquarters level and at the state level (Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Yobe and Zamfara). The purpose of this activity is to assess 1) whether the data reported from headquarters agrees with reported results from the state level, and 2) whether state sites are collecting and reporting data accurately, completely and on time. As part of this verification, the consultant will also confirm whether or not the state office is using the revised data capture tools (provided by MNCH2 HQ) to report data.
- In addition to data verification, conduct a systems assessment of the relative strengths and weaknesses of key M&E function areas in the data management and reporting systems at the MNCH2 headquarters and state offices.
- Make recommendations for any corrective measures required for strengthening the data management and reporting system and improving data quality.
The consultant will work closely with Palladium Senior M&E Advisor and the MNCH2 M&E staff.
Level of Effort: It is anticipated that the level of effort for this consultancy will be for up to 20 working days, including travel to the states (security permitting).
- Detailed methodology and workplan to conduct the assignment
- Excel file with all indicators and reported Y1 and Y2 data, by quarter and state
- Document explaining the data flow/reporting system for each indicator and how each indicator is counted
- Data verification & systems assessment tool/approach
- Data verification report of all indicators
- Data management and reporting system assessment report and recommendations for strengthening the system
- Educated to the degree level; MPH preferred
- Proven track record of monitoring & evaluation (M&E) capabilities, including assessing M&E systems.
- HMIS experience is particularly key given the amount of DHIS2 reporting on this project
- Experience conducting data verification for large programmes
- Experience working in Nigeria, and willingness to travel to northern Nigeria
- Strong communication/facilitation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Palladium Career Page