Vacancies at RTI International (2 positions)
Posted on: 9 October, 2012
Deadline: 28 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at RTI International
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses
in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958.as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing a five year USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. These positions are open to residents of Nigeria only.
1. Senior Technical Manager. (Bauchi and Niger Delta)
The Senior Technical Manager will provide technical leadership and quality control for the result-oriented technical teams and crosscutting technical staff, The candidate we seek is a senior Governance Specialist who has expertise in project management in the areas of systems strengthening at the LGA level, capacity building for participatory planning and budgeting of public funds, civil society capacity building, and working with local governments to improve the delivery of services to people. The position is at grade 11 and reports to the Chief of Party.
- Program and activity design consistent with sound development and governance principles
- Management and supervision of a team of technical specialists to produce results and
- maintain internal communication and coordination Represent the project to key
- stakeholders in state and local government and civil society
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual work plans to achieve project
- Project monitoring consistent with required results.
- Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to understand and meet project needs and
- Provides reports on program status and implementation issues.
- Contributes to quarterly and annual reports on LEAD implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Bauchi)
- A Degree plus 12years or Masters Degree plus 9 years relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with local governments or civil society preferably in
- Northern Nigeria. Excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point and Excel.Ability to work under
- pressure and in team environment.
To be responsible for the Human Resource administration activities and assist the HR Manager in developing and managing Human Resources. The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for providing support in the various Human Resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance.monitoring and employee counseling. This position grade 6 and reports to the HR Manager.
- With the guidance of the HRM, provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff.
- Monitor staff performance and time management
- With the HRM, Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource andwork related issues.
- Human Resource Development
- HR filing and documentation
- Perform other related duties as required
- A degree in administration/social sciences or any other related discipline
- At least 2years' experience working within Human Resource Management and demonstrable skills in human resources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of senior level negotiation,
- Fluent spoken English and a proven ability to produce succinct written report
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects field offices
Deadline: October 28, 2012
Method of Application
Please email your cover letter and CV in reverse chronological order with position applied for as subject (including email and phone contact) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 28, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about RTI InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International
- Job Vacancy at Adam Smith International
- Project Manager at Hope for HIV/AIDS
- Job Vacancy at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)