Career Opportunity at Bacardi Limited
Posted on: 10 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Bacardi Limited
Bacardi Middle East and Africa - Family-owned Bacardi Limited is the largest privately held spirits company in the world. We produce and market a variety of internationally recognized premium spirits and wines.
- In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving revenue and developing strategic relationships with key customers in Nigeria.
- You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi’s presence in Nigeria.
- Your deep commercial knowledge and ability to develop strategic relationships and coach a Sales team will be key to your success in this role.
- You will establish and manage the relevant Route to Market (RTM), he/she will also be responsible for managing the distributor relationship, and AVP (Availability, Visibility & promotions), as well as drive sales in the marketplace.
- You will be responsible to deliver key revenue targets as determined by the Country financial plan.
- You will develop, and maintain, effective and strategic relationships with Key Customers and influence the positioning of Bacardi brands in the Country.
- You will be accountable for building Bacardi brands equity by leading and motivating 3rd Party Distributor’s, and optimizing best execution of local marketing mix in line with the brands’ global strategies.
- You will be accountable for the implementation of Commercial plan that delivers against customer and purchaser programs agreed in the Country Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) specific to Key Customers.
- You will drive use of ‘Winning in Retail Sales Platforms (e.g. Picture of Success) and approach to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase.
- You will identify opportunities and guide the development and execution of strategies to maximize Bacardi’s performance in Key Customers in the Country, achieving value creation and capturing price
- You will coordinate with the Commercial Development Team to ensure implementation of Commercial best practices.
- Working closely with the Country Commercial leadership team, you will drive a shared vision and winning team spirit among the sales teams.
- You will be based in Lagos, Nigeria. However, large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the local sales team members and 3rd Party distributors. As a result, you will be travelling extensively to stay connected to all stakeholders
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Deliver market growth results & excellence in execution:
- Deliver on key Distributor revenue targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Deliver on Pictures of Success targets
- Deliver impact from channel and shopper marketing programs agreed in the Country IAP
- Responsible for driving annual budget, reporting and strategic recommendations Understand customer strategy and how to leverage the Bacardi value proposition to grow mutual business
- Drive, agree, and execute customer Joint Business Plans that deliver “win-win” value to Bacardi and customers
- You will be accountable for the effective implementation of our annual price increases
- Optimize promotional plans through the year through implementation of the ROI strategy and goals
- Input into the country IAP process to ensure local channel and customer needs are captured
- Provide accurate demand forecasting to Supply Chain teams or to Hub Sales Performance and Planning team
- Relentlessy drive a pay for performance based approach with Customers
Build Distribution network and customer relationships:
- Build effective long-term mutually beneficial relationships with Key Customers
- Understand customer strategy and how to leverage the Bacardi value proposition to grow mutual business
- Create effective long-term relationships with strategic customers and key stakeholders to drive financial impact
- Input into the shaping of the portfolio strategy of the Country bringing in insights from your Sales teams
- Input into key decisions to ensure Bacardi’s Route-to-Market approach is optimized
- Responsible for building existing RTM with distributors and wholesalers network
MIS and Reporting:
- Supporting Country Manager in sales and marketing administration, budget preprations and revisions
- Market and Competitor research & analysis
- Monthly Sales and Stock Analysis follow up
- Monthly Marketing and Sales reporting (best practive, ROI, MBHs, Depletions)
Develop talent and capability:
- Implement learning and development plans for your Distributor`s team based on Bacardi Commercial Way
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Ensure that your Distributors team has resources needed to deliver desired results
- Demonstrate expertise in category and shopper insights; serve as an advisor to Customers to drive mutual growth
- Input into decisions related to key people in your Distributors team
- Ensure Distributors team have proper understanding of the company culture and policies
Create a winning team:
- Work with the Country Commercial leadership team to build a shared sense of purpose among your Distributors sales teams
- Align all Distributors employees behind the targets and create a passion for winning in the organization
- Recognize accomplishments, celebrate excellence and behaviors in a timely manner
- Ensure all employees have a knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
Critical Experiences for Success
To be successful in this role you will need to :
- Srong commercial skills with track record of sales delivery with Customers
- Strong negotiation and team working skills are vital
- Pro- active with a Can –do attitude
- Experience of handling P&L accountabilities
- Be self motivated and have a sense of ownership
- Comfortable working with figures, have some financial skills and able to develop stratgeies from analysis
- Enterprenuer with first hand field sales experience
- Working knowledge of sales effectiveness tools processes and category management
- Proficiency in English language skills
- Fluency in 1/2 of Country’s most spoken languages
Eductional/Working Experience Required
- Preferably MBA with a degree in Sales & Marketing
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience with provne track record in sales
- Experience in the Spirits Industry, FMCG and/or Beverages is a distinct advantage
- Strong knowledge of local market and culture
- Proficiency in MS Office
Method of Application
To apply, visit Bacardi Career Page
- This search is a direct search. Applications from agencies will not be accepted nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs. Applications sent directly to Line Managers will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Applications for other functional areas or without the basic qualifications will not be reviewed for this role or other positions within Bacardi.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bacardi LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Area Sales Manager at Giant Beverages Limited
- Latest Vacancies at an FMCG Company - Mindfield Resources
- SABMiller Plc Recruitment for Maintenance Manager
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Supplier Performance Manager - ATL
- Sales Executives at Erisco Foods Limited
- Job Openings at Femack Food Processing
- Drivers at Erisco Foods Limited
- Senior Accountant at JMG