Job Opportunity at Media Trust Limited
Posted on: 10 May, 2016
Deadline: 17 May, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Daily Trust
Media Trust Limited, publisher of the Trust titles, is desirous of recruiting competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidates to fill the vacant position below:
- Media Trust Limited, publisher of the Trust titles has a vacancy for an Online Editor who will be responsible for planning, commissioning, editing and publishing news on the company’s website.
- The job entails using the company’s network of reporters to drive a compelling news site with audio, video and graphs for a full multi media experience.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity.
- They must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spell grammar and punctuation skills. In addition, the candidate should be familiar of the needs of different platforms like smart phones and tablets.
- The prospective Online Editor must have good interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues doing different but related work and also have good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines.
The successful candidate should also have the following specific skills:
- Develop online and social media strategies to grow audience
- Hands-on publishing; Tweeting, posting to Facebook, select, create, write, publish and edit content, create engaging story packages
- Help team spot breaking news, viral and curated stories in a short turn around time
- Disseminate content through social media and other engagement tools
- Proven ability to write and edit breaking, viral and curated stories for a digital audience
- Ability to analyze traffic data, track metrics and respond to them.
- Understanding of HTML, Photoshop and blog publishing platforms as well as social media platforms
- Thrives under pressure and realizes news never shuts down.
- At least a Bachelors degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, English or other related field.
- Candidates with 5-7 years previous experience in a media organization especially an online one are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Daily TrustSimilar Jobs
- Female Reporter/Presenter Specialist at Maxima Productions Company
- Security Men at a Leading National Newspaper
- Head Of Human Resource at MultiChoice
- Jobs at a Reputable Radio Station
- Music Teacher at Orpheus Company Limited
- Graduate Web Developer Trainee Recruitment at KJK.COM.NG
- Psychologist at DM Holdings (DMH)
- Media Jobs at Concise News