UNDP Vacancy for Administrative Specialist (UN House Manager)
Posted on: 9 October, 2012
Deadline: 10 October, 2012
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at UNDP
Job Title: Administrative Specialist (UN House Manager)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: No-C
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial period of one year
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Country Director (Operations), the UN House Manager as the principal manager of large operational setting of UN Common Services in UN premises and locations in Abuja (with 18 agencies and approximately 600 staff members is responsible for delivery of operational support for management and administration of UN House and annex locations in Abuja.
The UN House Manager demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The source of fund for this post is . common services cost shared budget
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Systematic management review of the UN Office Premises.
- Ensuring strategic direction of operations
- Common services organization and management, establishment of partnerships with other UN Agencies
- Certification and confirmation of operational transactions.
- Monitoring compliance with all operational system and procedures.
- Participate and provide technical inputs in UN Common Services Work-plan & Budget
- Acquisition of all expendable and non-expendable property
- Arrange with government authorities for all operational facilities.
- Participate in timely management of recruitment of common services staff.
- Act as Secretary of OMT and provides linkage with relevant work groups
Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates good IT skills
- Good knowledge of UNDP global filing system
- Understanding of UNDP operations procedures
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
Experience: 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in managing large common premises and multiple service providers. Experience in staff management, operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: 10th October, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at an Expanding Group of Companies
- MYJOBMAG MUST READ SERIES: GET THE JOB - USE OF ENGLISH