CrossBoundary is recruiting a full time Principal to lead a new Advisory team in Abuja. As the team leader, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for significant positive impact on investment into off-grid solar solutions in Nigeria.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills. Principal candidates should have 7+ years of experience working in high caliber finance or consulting organizations. You should have experience working in developing countries. Experience in project finance; renewable energy, and/or off-grid generation is a plus. A Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is expected but extensive relevant experience may be accepted as equivalent.
The Principal will lead our team in Abuja and will have substantial responsibility for making this project a success.
- 7+ years of experience in top tier banking, consulting, private equity or similar
- Experience working in developing countries; experience in Nigeria or elsewhere in West Africa is particularly relevant
- A technical background or expertise in renewable energy will be regarded favorably
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees preferred
Ideal Skills and Characteristics
- Demonstrated leadership skills; preferably in fast moving and complex environments
- Strong quantitative skills and finance background; familiar with company evaluation and valuation
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Understanding of power project economics and the spectrum of renewable energy technologies
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes challenging environment
- Management of team
- Project identification and evaluation
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Investor qualification and relations
- Transaction support
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on LinkedIn