If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
The DHIS 2 Officer is responsible for supporting the Global Health Informatics Department staff in adopting DHIS 2 into daily work processes, developing DHIS 2 modules, advancing collective DHIS 2 implementation and providing technical support to new DHIS 2 users within the software team. This highly responsible position involves establishing new procedures as well as effectively implementing existing ones to collect, analyze and disseminate data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with all roles within the software team to implement DHIS 2 in data collection and data entry relevant projects.
- Supports team members in analyzing the collected data.
- Works closely with other teams across the organization and contributes to team meetings to understand and mitigate issues as well as improve performance.
- Develops, updates, repairs and modifies DHIS 2 modules to comply with project requirements.
- Trains new DHIS 2 users on data management and provides technical support at all levels.
- Supports users by developing documentation, quality assurance, collection and assistance tools.
- Provides technical leadership on DHIS 2 implementation and makes recommendations how to integrate DHIS 2 into business operations following best practices for quality, testability & operability.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times, reacts well under pressure, follows through on commitments and accepts responsibility for her/his own actions.
- Adheres to Policies & Procedures as well as the Code of Conduct and ethical standards in the field.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner and treats them with respect regardless of status or position.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Statistics, Social Science, Medical Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years documented practical DHIS 2 implementation experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in data management and analysis.
- Experience developing, upgrading and repairing DHIS 2 modules.
- Experience collecting and/or managing public health data on a national level.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Experience using cloud services (AWS preferred) and using a variety of open source technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public health sector is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project management.
- Documented experience in training facilitation and coordination.
- Supervision experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership working in a small team where each team member can make a big impact is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, an ability to work independently and comfortable coordinating staff across multiple locations.
- Organizational skills, great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability, action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English as it is the spoken and written language at eHealth Africa.
- Knowledge of French strongly preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online