IT Specialist Vacancy at APM Terminals
Posted on: 9 October, 2012
Deadline: 29 October, 2012
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria's largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 900 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management.
We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: IT Specialist
To maintain the security and integrity of all IT systems, utilizing user access controls, virus protection mechanisms, system and network monitoring and performing regular backups. This position reports to IT Manager.
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Create and maintain Technical manuals.
- Monitor and manage disk usage.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Research and evaluate new administration methods.
- Install and test software upgrades.
- Schedule backups and communicate downtime to users.
- Ensure all software is correctly licensed and version up-to-date where applicable.
- To change passwords and user privileges.
- To make any system configuration change deemed necessary.
- To recommend changes in computer hardware.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures.
- Ensure that APMT Apapa Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria Health and Safety & Environmental Acts.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives. This includes providing suggestions and input to changes and improvements in all policies and procedures (mentioned in this section or otherwise).
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond your control.
- Ensure this Position Description is updated when specific responsibility areas are changed, and otherwise provide suggestions for changes when relevant.
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with APMT Apapa Code of Conduct.
- B.Sc. Degree in IT or science related discipline.
- Experience in implementing local area networks.
- Experience in systems integration and administration.
- At least three years experience working as a Database administrator for a medium to large private sector organization.
- Substantial knowledge about computer hardware configurations for UNIX, Win 2003, Cisco and Oracle environments and Microsoft products.
- Exercising leadership in changing situations that stimulates enthusiasm among and encourages development of co-workers.
- Capable of developing strategic plans for an entire activity and establish priorities for the activities of subordinates in order to fulfill these plans.
- Ability to work under pressure with detailed plans and forecasts, anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose, evaluate and resolve such problems as they happen.
- Capable of establishing priorities for maintenance in accordance with overall objectives and IT goals.
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Deadline: 29th October 2012.
Click here to APPLY
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at Interswitch
- Internship Opportunity at Zeta- Web Nigeria limited
- Web Developer at Lesgilles Limited
- Sales Career at Oracle
- Jobs at Byteworks Technology Solutions
- Sales Trainees at InfraFocus Technologies Limited
- Job Opportunities at World Bay Technologies Limited
- Marketing Vacancy at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited