GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Africa’s Operational Controllership Team has oversight of Operational Controllership in the region, across 40+ diverse countries. The team is responsible for supporting GE businesses in the region in regional risk assessment and risk mitigation, simplification, talent & people development and above all for regional compliance. The GE Africa Ops Controllership Team also owns the regional external audit relationship and the roll-out of Global Controllership initiatives.
The Lead Internal Controls Analyst specific roles & responsibilities include:
- Support the Global Operations Finance Site Leaders in Sub Sahara Africa & GE Africa Controllership Team to perform Country specific Controllership & Compliance risk assessment.
- Provide Country specific inputs to risk management programs including scope & timing of Internal Control team reviews and Corporate Audit Staff audits
- Plan and ensure execution of Internal Control team’s monitoring processes to ensure the effectiveness of the Finance & Compliance related controls across GE’s Enterprise Standards and Policies
- Coordinate with process owners to close out remediation actions to close control gaps; this will include discussing and agreeing the remediation actions with the owners and following up to ensure timely closure of the issues.
- Prepare reports and other deliverables from the monitoring processes for the GE Africa, Country and Regional Leadership.
- Support Enterprise Standards Leaders and other process owners to implement and monitor remediation actions.
- Identify and implement Simplification opportunities in Finance processes & controls
- Execute and report on compliance investigations, where required
- Participate in projects and/or regular tollgate reviews with the various SSA project teams where key Controllership projects are in place.
- Participate in transition process of the “outlier” legal or management entities into having rigorous processes and controls (especially important for recently acquired entities)
- Report progress on projects and provide inputs into key Controllership dashboards for presentation to GE Africa Leadership
- Coach and monitor deliverables of team members to ensure output is of the right quality and knowledge are transferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance
- Qualified/Chartered Accountant or Equivalent preferably with strong controls, audit & accounting technical knowledge from a Professional audit firm or Internal Audit Function
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in Audit, Controllership, or Internal audit function
- Experience with identifying sub-optimized controls & process and identifying & implementing process improvements
- Experience with working in teams and executing projects (coordination, communication with senior leaders, etc.)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Knowledge of Country’s key regulatory requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing Skills – Ability to influence across businesses, functions, cadres and cultures
- Motivated self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- Exhibit agility and resilience
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Demonstrated clear thinking
- Individual who could thrive within a matrix organization and manage ambiguities to define & deliver clear objectives.
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese will be an added advantage
Job Segments: Accounting, Law, Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, Finance, Legal
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page