If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Abt Associates - The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Job ID: 37606
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Specialist 11 / State Program Coordinator. In Nigeria, the HFG project is currently working with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to support sustainability and country ownership of Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
- HFG seeks to hire a State Program Coordinator that will provide technical support and coordinate activities in Lagos, a USAID’s PEPFAR priority state.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for engaging, coordinating and communicating with stakeholders and partners working mobilizing resources for HIV/AIDS in the State;
- Mapping of Public Financial Management (PFM) processes and identifying bottlenecks to adequate allocation and release of funds towards HIV/AIDS response financing in particular and health financing in general;
- Leading/supporting PFM strengthening across central budget MDAs and HIV/health MDAs in Lagos State;
- Conduct a political mapping to identify stakeholders and that can promote budget increase for HIV/AIDS in Lagos State;
- Support Lagos State HIV/AIDS Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) Technical Working Group (TWG) to carry out its core functions including resource mapping, resource tracking and advocacy;
- Support Lagos State health care financing reforms by participating fully in the activitity of Lagos Sate Health Scheme (LSHC) Core Implementation Team (CIT);
- Provide operational and technical support towards design and implementation of HFG health financing activities in Lagos State;
- Work with the COP to coordinate field activities to ensure timely implementation of planned activities of HFG Nigeria without compromising quality and efficiency; and carry out other activities as requested by the COP.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- First degree in Social Sciences/Biomedical Sciences preferred. Master’s degree in Public Health or Health Economics is desirable;
- 5+ years’ experience in public sector management or health sector with government or non-governmental institutions;
- Progressive experience of health financing program management in Nigeria is essential;
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that individuals and teams adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance and timeliness;
- Knowledge about US Government development assistance policy and USAID operational procedures is desirable; and
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- 30-40% travel, not limited to HFG’s USAID priority states.
- Master’s degree and 8 years of experience.
Method of Application
To apply, visit ABT Career Page