If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Our client requires the services of 4 janitors/cleaners (shift duties) for immediate employment,
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, vacuums and buffs floors, and removing garbage. Duties may also include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs etc.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, and plumbing as required.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains; Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, finish, and polish floors using buffers industrial vacuum cleaners. .
- Clean and restore building interiors using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Make requisition for supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Proven working experience as a janitor
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- O -level school certificate and above
Method of Application
Salary is higher than industry standard. Experienced Janitor/cleaners should please forward update CVs (highlighting past janitorial roles) to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘Janitor’ as subject of mail before 21st, May, 2016.