Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
Ref. No: HQ00026914
- Opportunity to join a successful Oil & Gas company as Company Secretary on a permanent basis in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will be providing fully compliant, efficient and effective company secretarial advice and support to all relevant Nigerian Boards and other Board Committees including controlled Joint Ventures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, maintain and securely file all Registers including Members, Directors, Shareholders/Shareholdings, Charges and Debenture Holders; Minutes of all Board Meetings and any other Company Statutory records required.
- Punctual and compliant submission of all annual returns to CAC and NEPZA (through SIMCO FZE).
- Prepare Board minute extracts and formal resolutions.
- Advise on correspondence as may be requested by the authorised representatives or the Board.
- Review Audited Financial Statements (AFS) for regulatory compliance and by the Board's order signing the AFS.
- Ensure compliant procedures and filing of statutory returns to CAC and NEAR, especially appointment and removal of Directors.
- Facilitate the acquisition of required information for Board and Committee members to maximize their ability to contribute to discussions at Board meetings.
- Assist in the compilation of Board papers and to filter them to ensure compliance with the required standards of good governance.
- After due consultation, prepare detailed agenda for every meeting and when necessary raise matters which may warrant the urgent attention of the Board.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and that due regard is paid to the specific business interests of the company.
- Assist in the implementation of Corporate strategies by ensuring that the Board's decisions and instructions are properly communicated and executed.
- Manage Share Holder relationships under direction from and on behalf of the Board.
- Regularly update the Companies' Corporate details and alert the Board as may be required.
- Convene Board meeting as directed and AGM as required by Law.
- Regular update of CoSec Manual.
Governance and Risk:
- Maintain, update and communicate the Corporate Governance Manual.
- Ensure latest awareness and application of best practice Governance in Nigeria.
- Act as a Company Secretary to key internal meetings, as requested by the JEC.
- Facilitate the process and application of the framework for the Risk Management function.
- Prepare and maintain up to date Corporate and Head office Risk and Mitigation Registers.
- Support the GCFO to champion with the effective application of ERM across the business and selected JVs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Nigerian with significant international experience ideally 10 years.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Company Secretaries or equivalent from other jurisdictions.
- Legal or other relevant corporate qualifications including accountancy.
- Direct experience of 10 years or more as a Co Sec in comparable circumstances.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Aplitrak