Job Vacancy at ABT Associates
Posted on: 4 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at ABT Associates
Abt Associates - The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
- Abt Associates seeks a Senior Private Sector Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded Malaria control project in Nigeria. The project will focus on four core interventions:
- Malaria case management, including malaria diagnosis and treatment for uncomplicated and severe malaria, and iCCM;
- Prevention of MIP, including community IPTp (c-IPTp);
- National and state health system strengthening; and
- Monitoring and evaluation, including malaria surveillance, HMIS, and operational research.
- The Senior Private Sector Advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing the project’s private sector engagement plan.
- He/she will collaborate with other senior project leadership, including the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor and the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, to identify and monitor methods of increasing private sector participation in malaria control at federal, state and local government levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of contact for private sector engagement on malaria interventions and collaborations for each specific Task Order
- Manage overall private sector strategy and plan for the project, including identifying opportunities for expansion in the private sector at federal, state, and community level
- Lead in the development of the private sector strategy and plan for the project
- Identify cost-effective innovations for expansion in the private sector including capacity building, demand creation, data collection and supervision
- Work with the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor to identify indicators that will communicate success in the private sector
- Contribute to market analysis and segmentation for private sector service delivery and commodity management
- Work with the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor to develop/adapt appropriate tools for quantification of commodity, costing, distribution, capacity building and supportive interventions especially on malaria diagnosis for malaria program
- Support the development strategic partnerships in malaria control activities that provide synergy and complement existing strengths
- Enhance strategic coordination with NMEP on the public - private sector strategy
- Master's degree in Public Health, Statistics or other relevant field
- At least 15 years of relevant technical experience in both malaria and private sector engagement with donor-funded initiatives
- Demonstrated progressive field experience in malaria prevention and treatment programs in developing countries
- In-depth knowledge of the private sector and public private sector partnerships for health
- Demonstrated experience implementing health programs in the private sector, and the community
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize private sector stakeholders at a senior management level
- Prior experience on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong networking and diplomatic abilities
- Fluency in English
- (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Method of Application
To apply, visit ABT Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ABT AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Regional Sales Manager at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Jobs at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Job Openings at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Latest Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Sales Executives / Supervisors at AFM Recruit
- Latest Jobs at Fadac Resources
- Fund Account Officers at Integrated Corporate Services Limited - ICSL
- Confectionery Roles at Simeon's Pivot Resources