African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
- The Sao Tome and Principe Liaison Office (STFO) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Government and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Operations Assistant.
- This position is based in Sao Tome and Principe Liaison Office (STFO) and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
In collaboration with professional staff and under the general supervision of the Resident Representative of AOFO, and close monitoring from the Senior Resident Country Economist, the incumbent will provide administrative and operational services in preparation and monitoring of all Banks’ activities in Sao Tome and Principe (STP) to ensure their smooth implementation.
He/she will primarily assist the Senior Resident Country Economist in implementing and monitoring the work programme, including technical support in specific areas such as supervision mission, project monitoring, SAP entry of data, and undertake preliminary analyses of operations dossiers.
The Job holder’s specific duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support the Resident Country Economist in the preparation of the work programme and budget for the office;
- Ensure and facilitate daily information flows between the Task Managers, Project Coordinators of the ADB financed projects and other relevant departments particularly in the areas of financial management disbursements and acquisitions;
- Prepare in coordination with the Angola Country Programme Officer (CPO) monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports of the projects and activities of the Liaison Office of STP (STFO);
- Keep abreast with projects and the experts managing them, so as to facilitate orientation of clients or external parties requiring project information;
- Assist Task Managers and consultants with day-to-day activities;
- Assist in the organization and coordination of supervision missions of the ADB financed projects and monitoring the recommendations including those in the aide memoire and Back to Office Report (BTOR);
- Prepare minutes of the weekly work programme supervision meetings;
- Assist with the programming and monitoring of operations activities using the appropriate software;
- Monitor the administrative budget implementation;
- Ensure and maintain archives (both electronic and physical) of the office including aide memoires, agreements of projects signed between the Bank and Government; and
- Carry out any other activities deemed necessary by the Bank.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least Bachelor's degree in Management, Economics or Finance and/or a related discipline;
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in project management, work program preparation and information management;
- Strong customer service skills, Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to details;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Portuguese and English are a requirement. Working knowledge of French would be an added advantage;
- A professional approach: a good grasp of the Bank’s organizational functions and procedures; self- control and a commendable personality, sound research skills;
- Team worker;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software applications (SAP, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Good budgeting and planning skills will be highly desirable; and
- On a permanent quest for learning and self-improvement, including through self-training.
Method of Application
To apply, visit AfDB Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.