Profiliant Development Resources Limited is the leading B2B sales & marketing consultancy serving blue-chip clients across the Middle East & Africa. Profiliant is an acclaimed Workplace Performance Improvement (WPI) organization focusing on solutions that improve Leadership & Team performance in areas like Strategy, Individual/Team Productivity, Sales, Business Development and Customer Service.
As a result of growth, we now seek to bring on board an astute professional to own and direct key operational areas of our business.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the General Manager is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs as offered by the firm and organized within business units. Some business units are themselves incorporated entities operating as full enterprises.
With a staff detail of four direct reports, the General Manager will manage the following functions:
Financial Management and Oversight:
Working with the Finance & Accounts Team, manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
- Direct and administer all financial plans
- Oversee business policies and accounting practices.
- Review and analyze financial reports
- Support and advise the CEO in decision-making
- Lead and support organizational budgeting process
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
- Provide overall financial oversight and monitoring.
- Ensure that relevant financial data is presented to the CEO and senior management team.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the CEO and Board for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of our firm’s business units through sound fiscal management. Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the CEO and staff.
Working with the human resources specialist, manage and oversee the human resource function for the firm, including:
- Recruitment, hiring, and compensation
- Benefits administration and oversight
- Professional training and development, including new employee orientation
- Retention strategies
- Regulatory oversight and legal compliance
- Ensuring that the human resource function is properly resourced and represented within the senior management team.
- Performance Management: Driving our pay-for-performance culture to ensure business and personal goals are always in alignment.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
- Business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management
- Information technology - working with the manager of information technology, ensure the ongoingmaintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and SaaS applications, etc
- Organizational reporting and monitoring: provide guidance and leadership through managementof the firm’s metrics and measurement reporting process
- Office management: oversee administrative functions for all of the firm’s offices nationwide,ensuring smooth daily operations of physical plant and equipment
- Board of directors – working with the CEO provide staff support and guidance to the firm’s board and act as staff liaison to relevant board committees
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to provide on-site leadership for multi-state operating units and programs
Sales & Marketing:
As Chief Sales Officer of the Business, this seasoned professional will create and execute a business strategy with the goal of retaining the customer base and increasing revenue billing with existing clients. This will entail identifying new business/product opportunities; developing a pricing and revenue plan; and maintaining/improving service standards.
In addition, this role will oversee marketing communications and brand development for the business, ensuring that marketing spend delivers on key tracking metrics, and most importantly is aligned with revenue generating activities.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in a professional services environment.
- Experience in sales, business development and marketing.
- Experience in running a business as an executive team member
- Strong individual contributor.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of an MBA or other Masters Degree; (An Accounting/Finance experience will be an added advantage)
- Strong operational experience- ideally has worked in a senior management role for 10+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least three years experience in operational/administrative management
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
- Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning; demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of our firm
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
Method of Application
We offer an attractive remuneration package with an excellent work environment including company car, health, performance bonus, and extensive training opportunities.
To apply, send updated copies of your CV to email@example.com on or before Friday 13th May 2016.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.