If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At RS Hunter, we believe our clients have the resources, what we do is to galvanise, advice, and partner with our clients to understand the peculiarities of their businesses and then offer the best HR solutions and strategies that work.Our objective is to focus on creating an overall people driven value through training, expert HR advisory services and value enhancement to our clientsin small business medium sector range while providing support to larger organisations in the areas of recruitment and executive selection
We are representing an independent Oil and Gas Exploration and Production (E&P) company with various producing assets across Nigeria, and who are seeking to identify an experienced professional for the role of General Manager – Assets.
The General Manager - Assets must have a good knowledge of operational and technical practices in an E&P company with an in-depth knowledge of drilling engineering & operations, reservoir performance analysis, optimisation of field production, development planning, economic evaluation & production forecasting. The candidate must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- Develop business plans for all assets with the aim of maximising asset value in line with the company's corporate strategic objectives.
- Optimise the utilisation and capacity of existing facilities together with the development of new facilities (e.g. development drilling, development of nearby satellite opportunities and increasing production and reserves base).
- Analyse technical data and studies, including well tests, production performance, PLT, RFT, PVT data
- Technically interface with other functional units such as the:
- Drilling department on well drilling, completions and work-over operations
- Asset management teams that facilitate engineering
- Projects department on field development planning and infrastructural designs and installation
- Operationally and administratively interface with supply chain management & logistics, human resources and administration, security department(s), etc.
- Stakeholder management, including JV partners, government agencies, communities and other third party services.
Required Skills & Requirements
- Degree level essential - preferably in engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 15 years experience in oil/gas exploration and production companies in one or several of the following disciplines - Drilling, Production Technology, Reservoir Engineering, Facilities & Project Management.
- Strong leadership/management skills/people skills - proven experience of managing a diverse set of people skills at various levels essential.
- Strong financial acumen - experience in devising capital & operating budgets related to full field development plus upstream economics is essential.
- Strong commercial acumen - experience with technical/commercial tenders essential.
- Highly diplomatic with the ability to develop and maintain strong relations with JV partners and governmental officials at highest levels essential.
- Previous expatriate experience in developing countries favoured.
- Driven, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organisation to achieve objectives.
go to method of application »
We are representing an independent Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company with various producing assets across Nigeria, and who are seeking to identify an experienced professional for the role of Supply Chain Manager.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the development and the execution of contracting, procurement and expediting activities, inclusive of project portfolios while ensuring that best practice in deployed. The successful candidate will manage a team of professionals across logistics & materials, purchasing and contracts, therefore an individual who is experienced in Supply Chain Management (SCM) will be required.
- Working with the leadership team develop and implement the company’s supply chain and procurement strategy to improve the company’s competitive edge.
- Ensuring the implementation and continuous improvement of SCM policies to meet company’s objectives.
- Achieve agreed Request for Quotes (RFQs) conversion to Purchase Orders (POs).
- Develop and manage relationship with suppliers, locally and internationally.
- Work within established SCM procedures for requisition, processing, validation, delivery and invoicing.
- Work within cross-functional teams to deliver cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
- Execute detailed prequalification, tendering and negotiating tactics in support of contracting and procurement strategies.
- Place demands in the market place in an optimal manner, secure third party services and materials in compliance with a predetermined schedule, acceptable quality requirements and at the best commercial terms taking into cognizance all risks and opportunities.
- Leverage category management opportunities through organisational framework agreements.
- Develop and implement an organisational Nigerian Content plan in order to support market capacity and capability growth.
- Drive HSSE in the process of contractor and supplier selection and in subsequent work execution phases.
- Develop and implement comprehensive post-award contract management plans for all major contracts awarded, ensuring all variation requests are dealt with in timely manner and structure, manage contracts and agreements in a proactive manner.
- Lead organisation and project teams in the resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including terms and conditions of contract in collaboration with legal, risk & compliance and finance specialists.
- Manage internal and external interfaces including JV partners, suppliers and government bodies.
- Conduct all activities relating to contracts and procurement in compliance with company compliance policies and procedures, in accordance with applicable independence and anticorruption regulations and practices.
Required Skills & Requirements
- Over 10 years of experience in SCM in the oil and gas industry. Experience with exploration and production companies (as opposed to service organisations) is preferred.
- Bachelor degree. A Master’s degree is an advantage
- High level competency in contracting, procurement and logistics with a strong understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, meaning you are able to cope with highly complex projects
- Expert in implementation of procedures and processes, in line with industry standards and best practices
- Excellent people skills, with proven success in managing and developing proficient teams
- Strong analytical focus
- Good communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
Method of Application
To apply, visit RS Hunter Career Page