Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We have been mandated by a client of ours to source for a vibrant and organized individual to fill the role of a HR Officer (Recruitment).
Our Client, a business conglomerate with presence in different sectors including Consumer Products, Corporate Services and Infrastructure is seeking to hire the services of an accurate and detail oriented Accountant.
The Job holder will report to the Head, Finance & Accounts Unit.
1) Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2) Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
3) Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
4) Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
5) Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
6) Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
7) Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
8) Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
9) Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
10) Work as Internal Revenue Service agents.
11) Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
12) Support internal and external auditing function for businesses.
13) Advise management in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax and estate plans.
14) Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
15) Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
16) Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure.Qualifications
• University degree preferably with a higher degree in a financial discipline or a professional qualification.
• At least 5 years of overall professional experience in a reputable organization.
• Technology savvy with experience in the use of accounting and reporting software
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Added financial degree will be an advantage viz any of CFA, ACCA or other relevant qualifications
Required Skills:• Reporting Skills
Remuneration is very competitive.
Interested in this position, apply online on SmartRecruiters