If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Rivers State University of Science and Technology hereby invites interested persons with vast experience in Accounting procedures and University Administration to apply for the position below in the University:
- The Bursar who shall head the Bursary Department is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
He shall be required to perform among other functions the following:
- Income generation for the sustenance and development of the University.
- Payments/Settlement of the University's commitments.
- Keeping of Accounts OND Accounting records including those of staff and students.
- Banking and the handling of banking related transactions.
- Staff personal emoluments including the management of loans and advances to staff.
- The management of cash, stock and stores in the University.
- Insurance of staff and fixed assets as well as allied financial transactions.
- Reports and advise to management on financial matters including proposals and budgets for future development and operations of the University, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The person for the position of the Bursar is required to possess a minimum of B.Sc degree Second Class Lower Division in Accountancy from a recognized University with at least a minimum of 18 years post qualification experience, plus membership of any of the following professional Accounting Bodies: ICAN, ANAN, ICMA, ACCA),
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a person of impeccable character, who is honest and against whom no serious allegation of wrong doing has been proved.
- Possess a robust health and demonstrate good public relations.
- Be innovative in terms of ideas.
- Be not more than 55 years.
- Must have a good knowledge of Accounting Software.
Condition of Service
Remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in Nigerian Universities, and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above conditions should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Application accompanied by detailed Curricula vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae must include the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of birth
- Marital status
- Local Government Area,
- Number and ages of children
- Academic qualifications
- Administrative and Managerial experience
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Names and addresses of three references and other relevant information.
All application should be submitted to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Rivers State University of Science and Technology,
All candidate must have Three (3) referees who are to forward references on them directly to the 'Registrar and Secretary to Council'. Such reference should be able to attest to the candidate's capabilities as well as moral uprightness.
In addition, candidates are requested to submit a Report of Medical fitness from a Government Hospital and Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for Interview on a later date.