About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- The Assistant Field Service Manager provides management and coaching support to employees in a designated territory in order to meet customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs); Manages all territory activities to ensure delivery of on-site support services by promoting and improving customer and employee satisfaction
- The Assistant Field Service Manager is responsible for developing employees, promoting teamwork, and fostering open and effective communications
- The Assistant Field Service Manager actively pursues revenue opportunities while effectively controlling expenses and assigned assets
- The Assistant Field Service Manager maintains the existing maintenance base while promoting and pursuing additional contract maintenance, ancillary sales and other revenue-producing opportunities
- The Assistant Field Service Manager is responsible for working effectively with other organizations and individuals; Developing and maintaining working relations with key customers in designated territory
- The Assistant Field Service Manager advises customers about service and service delivery, including maintenance agreements and SLAs; Respond to customer opportunities, issues and complaints in a timely manner; Develop relationships and interact with internal customers (Sales Account manager, Service Account Managers and Analysts, Call center Teams etc.)
- The Assistant Field Service Manager monitors SLA performance against target for territory; Perform root-cause analysis and preventive measures for repeated escalations; Analyze issues for missed targets and implement corrective actions
- The Assistant Field Service Manager solves escalations due to resource problems (e.g., disciplinary and soft-skills issues) in collaboration with the FSC Service Coordinator
- The Assistant Field Service Manager ensures an environment that promotes effective communications, positive employee relations and teamwork; Motivate, empower, develop and, as appropriate, recognize and reward individual and team achievements
- The Assistant Field Service Manager conducts hiring activities, which includes headcount approval, job posting, interviewing, selection, and on-boarding activities; Monitor performance improvement issues and provide appropriate coaching and counseling
- The Assistant Field Service Manager executes the performance management process, which includes objective setting, development planning and quarterly/annual performance reviews; Conduct individual and team meetings on a regular basis
- Balance tiered workforce in order to successfully deliver service to customers
- Plan and manage vacation and training schedules effectively to meet daily availability goals
- Promote and manage time-and-material (T&M) activities; Manage expenses effectively (overtime, parts, and assets)
- Be responsible for physical assets including tools, test equipment, vehicles, etc. and service parts, both assigned (PPK) and loaned (issued on a work order); Manage parts usage and service parts returns including surplus stock, loaned parts and PPK adjustments; Contribute to the review and revision of appropriate parts inventory levels
- Maintain existing maintenance bases while promoting and pursuing additional contract maintenance, ancillary sales and other revenue-producing opportunities
- Conduct on-going, open communications with assigned FSC Service Coordinator on a daily basis; Support the FSC Service Coordinator in managing SLA performance; Consult with the FSC Service Coordinator on service delivery escalation, both proactive and reactive; Meet regularly with the FSC Service Coordinator to review and improve SLA performance and CE utilization; Consult with the FSC Service Coordinator on the best of use of resources from the territory
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline OR the equivalent combination of education, technical training and work experience
- Previous experience as a group, team or project leader; other supervisory/leadership capacity in technical services or field support
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Taleo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.