GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Requisition ID: WD69224
Job type: Full time
Functional area: IT
This role will operate as a full member of Cluster EIS Leadership team with accountability for:
- Projects’ implementation in collaboration with Central EIS groups, Core Infra Services, EIS, other Supply groups within the agreed timelines and budgets. This includes project plans specifying goals, scheduling, identification of risks and contingency plans.
- Providing excellent EIS Service to users in the countries of the market to meet the Business Demand and provide services according to the SLAs.
- Budget responsibility related to this Market; including, Hardware & Software Assets (PC’s, mobile phone, Network Electronics, Servers, Telephony systems… etc).
- Managing & coordinating all EIS resources within the Market to ensure that they are aligned & utilized within the Market, Cluster, or on a Global Level, when needed.
- Accountable for EIS Operational activities & daytoday support for delivering End User and Infrastructure Services, aligned with the Central EIS & Supply Organisation.
- Managing Third Party contracts to SLA and budget & Third Party staff, where applicable.
- Drive improvements in the cost/quality/risk profile of the EIS services.
- Represent EIS in the Cluster and sometimes Regional EIS Leadership meetings.
- Operate as a full member of EIS Cluster and Regional Leadership Team
- Work across the SSA Cluster, dealing with users, taking into account linguistic, cultural & economic differences.
- Work with other EIS Cluster Heads within the Region & other EIS core services to align and coordinate activities.
- Close relation with inmarket customers / business to ensure good understanding of business needs.
- Negotiate with service providers (internal and Third Party) to ensure that services are designed to meet the competing demands of standardized solutions and local business requirements.
- Work with onsite IT EIS staff and/or appropriate corporate teams on service implementation and transition to required future state.
- Work with external Third Parties service providers, where global solutions are not possible to develop and design services to local needs compliant to global policies and strategies.
- Understand that the legal frameworks and language mix across the locations require that strategies and solutions are sufficiently flexible to comply with local statutory needs, but rigorous enough to meet GSK global policy.
- Understand that the needs of validation and risk management vary by location.
- 4 to 6 years experience;
- B.Sc. in any of these disciplines Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunication and Information Technology other computer certification
- Finance management
- Excellent PC skills
- Fluent English language skills (verbal & written)
- Strong Team Leadership, Interpersonal, Networking skills & coordination abilities.
- Good communication & presentation skills and interaction with different cultures.
- Proven credibility with key stakeholders in the Market.
- Ability to coach and develop staff across the Market.
- Demonstrated Local & Cluster Service Management experience.
- Demonstrated End User or Infrastructure service delivery within the Market of large scale projects.
- Excellent Project Management & time management skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects running in multiple countries in the cluster.
- Relevant experience in their respective geographical locations.
- Good understanding of Service Management, ITIL and 6 Sigma.
- Good negotiation skills for 3rd party contracts.
- Technical Handson experience is a plus.
- Management Ability to manage multicultural team geographically dispersed, including budget management and planning.
- Teamwork Interacts effectively across boundaries with other IT groups, demand and supply organizations, in country and above country
- Technical Expertise Proven ability to provide effective Infrastructure solutions and to understand technology functions/issues to interpret its application for addressing business goals.
Method of Application
To apply, visit GSK Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale