Adamawa State University, Mubi invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- The University Librarian, a Principal Officer, is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the Coordination of the Library services in the University.
Qualification and Experience of the Candidate
- Candidate for the post of University Librarian must have a good second class honours Degree, Masters and Ph.D Degrees in relevant field from recognized institution(s), professional qualification, academic excellence, quality publications and teaching and credible community services.
- In addition, he/she should be computer hterate and show evidence of considerable scholarship and understanding of the application of new technologies of library operations and services.
- The person must have had at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience in a reputable University Library, comparable Institution or research Institute.
- He/she must be a person with leadership qualities, high integrity and unquestionable character and an outstanding manager of men and resources.
- An applicant should not be below the rank of a Deputy Librarian.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their applications and fifteen (15) copies of signed current Curriculum Vitae giving the following information:
- Full names, current postal address, permanent home address (Not P. 0. Box or PMB),
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of origin.
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- E-mail address and GSM Number
- Educational institutions attached with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Details of previous and current appointments with dates
- List of Publications with detailed titles, publisher, and dates
- Honours, Distinctions, and Membership of Professional Societies
Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one (1) of whom must be the Chief Executive/Head of Department of the Applicants present employer. The envelope should be marked 'APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN' to be addressed to:
Adamawa State University,
RM.B 25, Mubi,
Candidates should please request their Referees to forward reports attesting to his/her character, integrity and capability to the post applied for, in a sealed envelope and marked 'CONFlDENTlAL'
Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.