Jobs at Gilead Pharmaceutical
Posted on: 29 April, 2016
Deadline: 25 June, 2016
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Gilead Pharmaceutical Limited
Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned production hours.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.Working out the human and material resources needed.
- Drafting a timescale for the job.
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. Suppliers, managers.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
- Working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business’s objectives.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Production or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in production at same position in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Management skills.
- Planning skills.
- Leadership skills.
- English, computer: good.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience managing the production process from beginning to end will be desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Ability to create and manage production budgets.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, and electronic editing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and independent worker.
- Experience coordinating work of packers and loaders .
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
go to method of application »
- Participate in all health and Safety, environmental and process audits and ensure that all corrective actions and recommendations arising from the said audits are acted on as per the timeline.
- Coordinate statutory OHS exercises e.g. equipment inspection, effluent analysis
- Ensure availability of appropriate and functional PPE
- Train teams on risk assessment, improvement plans, monitor action plans and oversee ongoing security projects
- Generate required regulatory and other reports as required per Company reporting expectations and update and advice management on all HSE issues.
- Steer the development and implementation of the Company’s health & safety policies and procedures.
- Secretary to the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure that the Company has an adequate number of trained emergency marshals.
- Plan and oversee internal emergency preparedness programs and test the adequacy of emergency preparedness
- Coordinate the investigation of near misses and dangerous occurrences and develop appropriate recommendations to eliminate/reduce recurrence or mitigate impact.
- Maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences in Company’s premises
- Translate company HSE policy and commitments into workable plans and communicate the policy to employees and other relevant stake holders including all suppliers and subcontractors.
- Compile and submit OHS statistics and reports
- Document appropriate HSE procedures for the company and communicate, educate and engage employees in the implementation
- Ensure that all welfare facilities i.e. first aid boxes, canteen, toilets, kitchen etc. meet the requisite hygiene standards and operate efficiently as per the standard operating procedures.
- Bachelors’ degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental Science or Social sciences plus specialized professional qualifications in health and safety
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Solid advisory skills
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Effective organizational and report writing skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's/Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gilead Pharmaceutical LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Pharmacist at HealthPlus Limited
- Registered Nurse at Julie Pharmacy
- Job Vacancy at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- National Sales and Marketing Manager at Bio-Generics Nigeria Limited
- Head of In-Country Shared Services at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Medical Sales Representative at Excel Charis Pharmaceutical Chemical Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Graduate Commercial Management Future Leaders Programme 2017
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist at a Multinational Pharmaceutical Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency