Jobs at Gilead Pharmaceutical
Posted on: 29 April, 2016
Deadline: 25 June, 2016
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Gilead Pharmaceutical Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned production hours.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.Working out the human and material resources needed.
- Drafting a timescale for the job.
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. Suppliers, managers.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
- Working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business’s objectives.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Production or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in production at same position in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Management skills.
- Planning skills.
- Leadership skills.
- English, computer: good.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience managing the production process from beginning to end will be desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Ability to create and manage production budgets.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, and electronic editing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and independent worker.
- Experience coordinating work of packers and loaders .
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
go to method of application »
- Participate in all health and Safety, environmental and process audits and ensure that all corrective actions and recommendations arising from the said audits are acted on as per the timeline.
- Coordinate statutory OHS exercises e.g. equipment inspection, effluent analysis
- Ensure availability of appropriate and functional PPE
- Train teams on risk assessment, improvement plans, monitor action plans and oversee ongoing security projects
- Generate required regulatory and other reports as required per Company reporting expectations and update and advice management on all HSE issues.
- Steer the development and implementation of the Company’s health & safety policies and procedures.
- Secretary to the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure that the Company has an adequate number of trained emergency marshals.
- Plan and oversee internal emergency preparedness programs and test the adequacy of emergency preparedness
- Coordinate the investigation of near misses and dangerous occurrences and develop appropriate recommendations to eliminate/reduce recurrence or mitigate impact.
- Maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences in Company’s premises
- Translate company HSE policy and commitments into workable plans and communicate the policy to employees and other relevant stake holders including all suppliers and subcontractors.
- Compile and submit OHS statistics and reports
- Document appropriate HSE procedures for the company and communicate, educate and engage employees in the implementation
- Ensure that all welfare facilities i.e. first aid boxes, canteen, toilets, kitchen etc. meet the requisite hygiene standards and operate efficiently as per the standard operating procedures.
- Bachelors’ degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental Science or Social sciences plus specialized professional qualifications in health and safety
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Solid advisory skills
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Effective organizational and report writing skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's/Applications to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gilead Pharmaceutical LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at HealthPlus Limited
- Medical Representatives at Novartis Nigeria
- Medical Sales Representatives at Exus Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited
- Medical Representatives at Pfizer
- Latest Jobs at Medsaf
- Fresh Jobs at Exus Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at HealthPlus Limited