Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 27 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Engineering Industry. Today Orion Group manages the placement of over 5,000 contractors every year via our worldwide network of offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa. Following continued year on year growth, we expect to shortly exceed USD $1 billion annual sales.
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of General Manager - Facilities, based in West Africa.
The primary function of the role is to manage maintenance activities, integrity of assets and discipline engineering and in order to deliver asset integrity, unit availability and reliability, required product quality, and all within agreed budgets.
Key Responsibility will include:
- Manage interfaces and work collaboratively with the other departments, joint venture partners, and clients such as Projects, Asset Management , SCM, QHSE, Group HSSE.
- Responsible for all facets of Facilities Maintenance, Power Supply and Transmission, Utilities, Plant Maintenance, Plant Certification, and Electrical Works.
- Identify and deliver improvements in policy, strategy and efficiency of maintenance, integrity, engineering and related HSE processes/activities to optimize maintenance/operational life cycle costs in line with Group's strategies and KPI's. Collectively, known as the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programme.
- Manage the planning, implementing and co-ordinating Asset Integrity Management Systems, Corrosion Management & annual inspection programme of assets liaising with Projects, Asset Management, and QHSE.
- Develop application and fully implement risk and reliability management techniques, like Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Instrument Protective Function (IPF).
- Responsible for the creation and update of the yearly and 5-year Integrity Plan. Implement and monitor the Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS).
- Provide support for discipline engineering, relevant maintenance disciplines and projects, and manage change control. Maintain healthy and competent capability of maintenance and facilities support.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of engineering and maintenance procedures and management
- Develop where needed and implement risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity with a strong focus on safety, cost containment and integrity
- Develop asset integrity conditioning monitoring strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion monitoring and all issues, which have potential to impact asset integrity, including equipment/hardware, process/procedures, operational business systems, verification/ assurance and personnel competencies.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track program performance and KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program where applicable for all of the equipment and facilities
- Maximize fixed equipment uptime to optimize shutdowns and extend turnaround intervals in compliance to regulatory and manufacturers' requirements and identify resources to support troubleshooting of fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root cause analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations.
- Support the implementation of production uptime programs including Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM).
- Lead the creation of Degradation/Maintenance Manuals Programme:
- Recruit, mentor, and develop national staff with a view to progressively advance the nationalisation of the staff in country.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Corrosion or Metallurgy.
- Extensive experience required in the oil & gas services industry both offshore and onshore, with significant experience in a facilities and maintenance senior management role.
- Previous experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programmes, from conceptualisation to implementation to continuous improvement of the programme.
- Previous experience with Risk Based Inspection (RBI), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Instrument Protective Function (IPF).
- Previous experience in drafting Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Asset Degradation Manuals
- Experience in West Africa or similar environment.
- Familiarity with and understanding of maintenance and asset integrity management at a senior management level.
- Strong knowledge of relevant global standards, regulations, codes, and maintenance planning.
- Strong Managerial, communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Previous experience with design and implementation of staff development programmes.
- LEAN qualifications and experience as a LEAN practitioner desirable.
- Experience with and understanding of TPM (total productive maintenance) and OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) desirable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 908506
Method of Application
To apply, visit Orion Career Page