If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy,energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and center piece of the Research Triangle Park.
Job ID: 17068
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- The Regional HR Manager is responsible for the implementation of HR strategies, effective delivery of HR services and management of HR programs.
- Interpretation and application of HR policies; rules and regulations; facilitation of internal procedures and process solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues.
- The Regional HR Manager promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
- He/she is to support formulation of solid HR strategies for Africa Region and supports the implementation of project human resources initiatives to attract, develop, motivate and retain the most suitable talent for the projects and facilitate a successful performance management program.
- Provide operational HR support to project HR teams and project leadership while supporting the HR planning process for effective HR programing in the region
- Lead HR programs for designated projects in areas of; Learning and Development, HR Change Management, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management and any other HR initiatives for the Africa Region.
- Review and approve Employment Administration requests in Service Now, GEMs and any other HRIS for designated country’s/projects/assignments. Backs up the Regional HR Team as needed.
- Coordinate project recruitment and serve as the Start Up specialist for new projects in the region; assist with the development of Job Description, posting, responding to applicants, short listing, interviewing and complete the full cycle of recruitment and selection. Setting up robust HR programs for all new projects.
- Work in concert with the Regional Director of Human Resource on all aspects of HR Management in the region; including mobilizing HR capacity support to projects and also setting HR strategic priorities in the region.
- Support the Regional HR Director in coordinating regional activities such as due diligence, performance management, comp and benefit reviews, HRIS projects, HR assessments, capacity building, training, etc.
- Serves as advisor to the Project HRMs and Project Directors on HR technical, organizational and management level issues for projects in assigned countries in the region
- Review, disseminate and ensure full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks, benefit summaries, salary scales etc. and ensures they are in tandem with local labor laws, USAID rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework and proper functioning of the HR policy framework.
- Provide oversight and direct support to project HR staff in the management and administration of HR activities including recruitment, orientation, compensation, benefits and performance management, employee relations etc in designated countries
- Drive innovation and a focus on continuous improvement for HR programs in the region as a valued member of the Africa HR team and RTI HR organization
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Educations:
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years' related experience; MA degree and 9 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Below are skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties of this job:
- Working knowledge of and experience in international, regional and national HR.
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources.
- Familiarity with international development systems and policies.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, project staff, and clients.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
- Must be proficient in French (both spoken and written); additional languages beyond French a plus.Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Able to support and respond to the needs of the project HR teams as quickly as possible to enable consistent project service delivery
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and a matrix organization which requires the ability to meet unexpected demands.
- Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization.
- Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite and HR systems.
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
- Location in Africa (TBD) (based on selected candidate's home of residence in Africa)
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel outside country of residence, up to 40%
Salary and Benefits will be determined based on the resident country’s local national scheme.
Method of Application
To apply, visit RTI Career Page
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.