Social Volunteeer Job at BradField Consulting
Posted on: 28 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client, The Cece Yara Foundation, whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Social Worker: The main responsibility of the Volunteer Social Worker is to focus on the social, physical, psychological and emotional well-being of clients especially child victims of abuse referred to the organization for services.
The volunteer social worker is expected to have an extensive educational background in social work, license or professional certification, and experience working with families in crisis.
- Identify and document child abuse and neglect cases
- Develop care and case plans that meet the needs of child victims of abuse and ensure safety and stability for clients and families
- Find appropriate referral support services to enhance child welfare for all child abuse cases.
- Identify immediate threats made to a child and provide arrangements that comply with state and federal laws and agency procedures.
- Provide counseling and support services to child victims of abuse and their parents
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding child abuse and child protection needs
- Evaluate whether a child should be temporarily or permanently removed from his living situation/location where abuse has occurred
- Serve as liaison between students, homes, schools, family services, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, doctors, and other contacts, to help child victims of abuse.
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required.
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems such as truancy and misbehavior, and to implement solutions.
- Address legal issues, such as child abuse and discipline, assisting with hearings and providing testimony to inform custody arrangements.
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-up assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Collect supplementary information needed to assist clients, such as employment records, medical records, or school reports.
- Work with the data analyst to conduct social research.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing including phone skills to obtain accurate data from reports, and writing skills to clearly and concisely record the information.
- Bilingual skills in English and Yoruba or other Nigerian major languages.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and work in a team environment.
- Experience in community social services and/or healthcare
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of the characteristics and social aspects of mental and emotional disturbances and developmental disability.
Method of Application
To apply, visit BradField Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Financial Analysts at EZ37 Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kimberly Ryan
- Financial Controllers at Career Prime
- Jobs at Alexander George Business Support Solutions (AGBSS)
- Procurement Managers at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Project Engineers at Consultant Collaborative Partnership LLP
- Business Development Executives at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Admin Manager/Executive Assistant at Apata & Ascott Limited