If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
The Installation Leader, who provides assistance and reports to the Installation Manager, is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all installation engineering procedures and installation operations and pre-commissioning procedures associated with the scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and scheduled fined in the EPCI contract. This means:
- As part of the offshore operations, supervising, supporting offshore activities while maintaining a 24/7 contact with offshore company Representatives
- As part of the completion of the Installation Engineering, reviewing minutely the technical documentation submitted to company and, based on his own experience, appraising installation engineering/procedures as well as, on request, attending installation tests/trials either organised by packages and, when needed, participating in inspection and vetting activities of marine vessels.
To this objective, the Installation Leader will be in charge of:
- Assisting the offshore representatives on the vessels in their understanding of the vessels tasks, planning and safety as well as organizing appropriate meetings offshore when needed.
- Following installation tasks and making sure the installation procedures are duly enforced by Contractor during the course of the installation.
- Reporting to the Installation manager about all technical issues that require to be specifically addressed in documentation review or during installation and mobilization progress meetings.
- When instructed, supervising related offshore construction activities; including pre-commissioning activities and preparing associated reporting to his Hierarchy.
- Supervising Contractor’s preparations of the offshore campaign in close liaison with the Installation Manager and the HSE Leader.
- Alerting about the need for marine spread inspection and, when asked, assisting those inspections to appraise marine spread upgrade plans whenever identified a required.
- Liaising as necessary with third part authorities and MWS about specific vessels mobilizations and inspections
- Liaising with any onshore discipline engineer concerned by the technical issues raised during installation preparation.
- Preparing technical documentation for interface with FPSO, contractors to make sure that technical issues are correctly identified by all parties,
- Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of installation events either to be used for reporting
- Graduate degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent, specialized in Marine Construction/Civil Engineering.
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea/Deep water Steel Structures or previous exposure to EPCI projects
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes/standards and general specifications.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in leadership and team management
- Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate
go to method of application »
The holder of the position shall in particular be responsible for:
- All structural steel prefabrication, assembly, erection, NDE, PWHT and dimensional controls as per qualified procedures including primary steel members, secondary steel, plat forms to equipment, installation aids and painting in accordance with Approved For Construction (AFC) drawings, applicable Codes and Standards and Specifications.
- Supervising a team of SCNL personnel dedicated to subsea structural packages of about 11,500 tons in weight.
- Reviewing and validating onshore CTR organisation required to supervise these onshore construction activities.
- Reviewing and analysing the onshore construction schedule and providing feedback to the Construction Superintendent.
- Assess the suitability or otherwise of CTR assigned work force in order to provide early warnings regarding construction schedule.
- Assessing the suitability, availability or otherwise of CTR-assigned equipment and materials required for structural construction activities.
- Ensuring appropriate coordination and seamless interface with other onshore construction Client’s sub-packages inline with the overall scope of work.
- Assisting and taking part in all load-out operations at client’s yard as may be required.
- Ensuring that as-built dossiers comply with all QA/QC requirements.
- Providing weekly and monthly construction updates to the Construction Superintendent.
- Taking part in daily, weekly and monthly progress review meetings as may be required.
- Providing inputs to the Construction Superintendent to assist him in the preparation of the close-out reports for the construction activities operations.
- Liaising with the Construction Superintendent on a routine basis for there solution of outstanding issue(s), if any.
- Providing feedback to the construction superintendent on required level and quality of personnel at any point in time, in order to manage mobilization and demobilization of CPY site personnel dedicated to Structural fabrication scope
- Contribute to meet HSE objectives while ensuring HSE requirements are taken in to consideration during the construction phase to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets, at anytime during the project phase.
- Demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company HSEQ requirements and ensure on construction site the setup of the correct organization, that Contractor implement properly the HSE plan on the Construction Yards, the proper monitoring and recording of HSE performance of the sites.
- Ensure that safe working practices are carried out within the construction team and the contractors in order to enforce Company HSEQ policy.
- Provide construction in put to the Company
- Chartered Engineer or similar education level, with a sound Oil & Gas technical background (multi-discipline) in deep offshore construction.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in an Oil and Gas industry with a strong background in subsea construction activities.
- Good knowledge of international subsea design codes/standards and company general specifications
- Proven background in improving quality, procedures, planning, coordination, organization and productivity of the contractor she supervises.
- A self-motivated natural leader with excellent communication and delegation skills.
- Credible working relationships within multicultural teams.
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing.
- Passionate about maintaining high standards.
- Excellent work ethic and must be able to withstand fast-paced high pressure working environments.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Deep Blue Energy's Career Page