Fresh Job Opportunity at Andela
Posted on: 28 April, 2016
Deadline: 9 May, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Andela
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
With the youngest population in the world, Africa is the world’s greatest untapped source of spectacular talent. The four-year Andela Technology Leadership Program is the core mechanism by which we transform Andela fellows into passionate change agents able to drive current and future tech-enabled growth in Africa and around the world. Guiding and molding these elite young people to achieve their maximum potential is an essential aspect of both individual and organizational success.
- Andela is seeking a Lead Product Manager with world-class expertise in product management to build and execute on Andela’s product roadmap, and contribute to the continuing growth of our team of African technology leaders.
- At Andela we do things a little differently. We consider our product to be the talented people we embed into technology teams around the world.
- We build software and products to support these talented people (we call them Fellows) in continuously developing their skills while doing exceptional work for their clients and colleagues.
- You know how to collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals, and gather an understanding of industry trends and opportunities in order to formulate and direct the company's product roadmap.
- You also know how to transfer the knowledge, behaviours and beliefs of your expertise to any technology professional from entry level to senior product managers. You’ll also find new challenges in crafting vertically integrated software products that supports the Andela Fellowship.
You're the kind of person who:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Product Management
- Are relentless in your desire to understand your users and the challenges they face.
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Loves unlocking the potential of others and wants to learn how to do it even better
- Can support apprentices in learning from more experienced team members
In this job you will:
- You will lead our Product Management efforts. You will ensure that our internal products/software meet our business needs and have high usability.
- You will also have a strong hands-on presence: from mentoring and coaching Andela Fellows, to working seamlessly with our Education, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing, Success, Operations and Engineering departments, you'll ensure alignment and deliver results.
You will also:
- Manage Andela's product roadmap
- Create and prioritize the product backlog
- Communicate product direction to all relevant team members
- Maintain product requirements documents, use case documents and other assets that articulate Andela’s user needs
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Define learning outcomes for Product Management expertise at different levels of the Andela Fellowship
- Mentor and advise fellows wishing to become Product Managers
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya and travel regularly between our centers.
- 5-7+ years of product management experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Technical fluency. You don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language
- An eye for design.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with a tendency toward data-backed decisions
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in a a technical field.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Andela Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AndelaSimilar Jobs
- Programmers at Dotmac Technologies LTD
- Wincor Engineers at Ark Technologies Limited
- RAN Support Engineer at Airtel Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Operations Manager (VAS) at a Mobile Solutions Company - eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
- Help Desk Officer at AppZone Limited
- Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Incubator Program
- Data Services Analyst (Nigeria) at Asoko Insight