International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in day to day project administrative duties
- Handling correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paperwork.
- Assist in the preparation of Travel Authorization and Cash Advance/Expense Claims for traveling arrangement of project staff.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases and Purchases Order of office stationery and machineries.
- Assist in basic financial record positing and verification on the budget
- Assist in the following up and handling purchases/ oracle requests.
- Taking minutes at project meetings.
- Such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the duties by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- HND/B.Sc in Business Administration and other related fields with minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in Project Administration.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Strong ability to coordinate, prioritise workload
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in the accomplishment of project task.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
10th May, 2016.
go to method of application »
Job Ref: DDG-CS/FD/04/16
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- The Financial Controller will have responsibility for understanding the strategic direction of the organization and assist the Director of Finance (DoF) in providing high level, proactive financial expertise and direction for both short-term and long-term financial planning and management.
- In conjunction with DoF, lead the task of preparing IITA annual financial statements to comply fully with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) by 2016.
- Assist to prepare accurate and timely medium-term financial plan/annual budget.
- Monitor financial performance against budget to support the dynamic re-allocation of resources according to priorities.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the DoF and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Work with the DoF to craft a long-term strategy for Finance Directorate by providing advice on issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and work plans for the various workshops in Finance Directorate.
- Advise the DoF on long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the Institute's strategic plan, considering limitations and changes in the funding environment, strategic growth opportunities and collaborations with external organizations.
- Working with the Head of Internal Audit, advise DoF on the integrity of the Institute's Investment policies and reporting and control procedures.
- Remain up to date on non-profit audit and financial best practices.
- Ensure compliance and maintain oversight for all accounting and operating activities.
- Lead the annual financial audits; review audit materials, and prepare management response to internal and external auditors.
Team Management / Training:
- Mentor and develop finance management teams, providing input on work allocation, training, trouble-shooting, problem and conflict resolution, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Train accounting personnel and other users on accounting controls and procedures.
- Act as Officer-in-Charge during periods of absence of the DoF.
- Any other finance-related duties assigned by Director of Finance.
- First Degree in any discipline plus a recognised professional accounting qualification – ACA, CPA, ACCA. The possession of an MBA is highly desirable and will be an advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in core accounting function from a leading or well structured accounting firm, and three (3) of which must be at a senior management level.
- Relevant finance experience should include planning, forecasting and enterprise financial systems with emphasis on budgeting and financial reporting (with sound knowledge / hands on experience of IFRS).
- Experience in working with a leading accounting firm or international organization or multinational private sector company within a cross- cultural environment at a senior level
- Excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Ability and proven track record in leadership of small groups; experience as a manager of staff, team builder / leader; and ability as a manager of strategic relationships.
- Proficiency in at least one major enterprise management system (oracle, sun, platinum SAGE, etc.) and relevant computer applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential, including ability to set out coherent presentations and group interactions.
A competitive remuneration package paid in US dollars.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Apply online for Administrative Assistants
Apply online for Financial Controller
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale