The Place - We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are presently into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing. We are opening new outlets in Lagos and looking for high-flying individual who shares the values of hard work, commitment and integrity and places high premium on personal development and career growth.
An exciting role has risen in maintenance unit at The Place for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to ensure that refrigerators, chillers, ACs and related assets are maintained in the highest order.
As a refrigeration and air-conditioning (RAC) engineer, your work would cover two broad areas:
- Refrigeration – installing and maintaining cooling systems in places like supermarkets, restaurants, hospitals, food processing plants and factories
- Air-Conditioning – installing servicing and repairing the systems that control air quality, temperature and humidity.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Routine checks and logs of the status of AC units and Chillers in all outlets including the head office
- To supervise and direct subordinate in performance of their duties.
- Work closely with Restaurant and Eatery Managers on issues relating to AC’s and Chillers
- Carry out quality assurance spot checks on subordinate work.
- Liaise with specialist contractors to ensure that breakdowns are dealt with promptly and cost effectively.
Experience and Qualification
- Proven experience in installation and repairs of all brands of AC
- General maintenance of Air conditioning units (Split, Standing and Industrial)
- Ability to Install, diagnose and repair faulty systems both small and large units with specific
- Certificate of Artisanship, Trade Test 1, 2 & 3, OND and other certification as applicable.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good literacy and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-located environment
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on SmartRecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale