Action Against Hunger | ACF-International, is an International Humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger. We are recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger | ACF International saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 35 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in over 45 countries.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Providing your expertise in Nutrition Surveillance in order to strenghen our response to Nutrition emergencies in North East Nigeria.
- Define, propose, plan and implement a nutrition surveillance system for Northern Nigeria in coordination with available information and partners.
- Collect background, general information and contextual information relevant to the survey.
- Implemente the surveillance system: initial planning, selection of tools and methods, sampling, writing guidelines and set up time frame, working days needed, budget and logistics planning and any special tools and equipment needed. All these will be done in coordination with the line managers.
- Lead the surveillance team in data collection (following designed methodology), data entry, analysis and processing of information (SPSS or Epi Info).
- Produce survey analysis and report guaranteeing the quality of the final survey report, recommendations and the integrated collaboration with other AAH/ACF technical departments for contextual information.
- Capacity build and coach the Nutrition team members in survey planning, methodology, management and reporting
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional:
- You have a Master's degree in statistics, epidemiology, nutrition by research or related field.
- You have at least 2 years of proven experience in Managing nutrition assessments and surveys as well as humanitarian work.
- You are able to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
You’re a super communicator:
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have the ability to work in a mainstreamed manner and analyze/capitalize institutionalized information.
You’re passionate to develop Nutrition interventions:
- You have significant experience with INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies. Previous experience with partnerships and alliances is an asset.
- You have previous experience in starting up or setting up of Nutrition Programs.
- You have experience with nutrition and coverage surveys, and rapid nutrition assessments.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously with minimal guidance.
Method of Application
To apply, visit ACF Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.