Finance Vacancy in a Transport Service Company
Posted on: 27 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
A transport service that provides world class transportation services in Lagos, is in need of a highly knowledgeable and detailed individual to fill the position of an internal auditor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- attending meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes;
- researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel and accounting software packages.
- providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions;
- performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits;
- anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them;
- providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings;
- preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people;
- assessing how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing;
- managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
Skills and Requirements:
- the ability to use your own initiative.
- analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- the ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team.
- strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity.
- the ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement.
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- organisation and facilitation skills.
- resilience under pressure.
- flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
Qualification & Experience:
- HND/B.Sc. in Accounting, Economics or Banking & Finance.
- Must be ICAN certified
- Not more than 1-3 years experience in financial auditing.
Method of Application
Interested in this position? Apply on RS Hunter career website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Graduate Relationship Officer at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Dock Worker At Peen Nigeria Limited
- Driver at Inland Containers Nigeria Limited
- Entry-level Accountant at Nation Delivery Express
- Jobs at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL)
- Agricultural Crate Leasing Executive at Connect Rail Services Limited (CRSL)
- Dispatch Riders at NationDelivery Nigeria Ltd
- Sea Clearing Officer at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company