Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
* Provide administrative support to Business Clients RMs to deal with ongoing client service issues, onboarding of new clients/products, and ongoing monitoring processes (e.g., AML/CDD, credit etc.)
* Serve complex service needs of Business Clients walking into Store
* Educate and steer client for interactions with the bank via Mobile/Web, machine channels
* Any additional service focused mandates to be discussed separately
* Supporting the client on any client-initiated needs
* Delivering on transactions, service requests, Mobile/Web training
* Updating CDD/ AML
* Migrating newly Commercial
* Managing Client's credit situation
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* BC AML/CDD
* Credit operations
* BC product operations
* Solution Delivery (S2B)
* Credit monitoring teams
* Clients of Business Banking Team
* Understanding of businesses and financials
* BC specific product operations and credit operations
* Soft skills for client handling
Internal stakeholder engagement skills
* Objection handling
* Client training on digital solutions
* Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
* BC KYC/CDD set up for client type
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank's efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:-
Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
* Revenues, Asset and Liabilities of BC business at country and regional level.
* Image and reputation of department and the Bank.
Qualifications and Skills
* Good first degree or requisite technical skills gained through professional associations and practical experience (3-6 years' experience)
* Good working knowledge of banking products.
* Complexity in managing portfolio of customers balancing effort/reward.
* Many day-to-day decisions regarding customers (not credit).
* Significant latitude in managing and prioritising workload.
To be the single focus point for governance and control, and dealing room environment maintenance.
* Perform Dealing Room Administrative activities for Financial Markets
* Assist the business Manager in updating and maintaining key business specific MIS and Database
* Manage the administrative process in the dealing room to ensure smooth running of the business
* Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues
* Provide general operational excellence/control, business planning, coordination and project management for the Head of Financial Markets
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Work with Business Manager in ensuring FM is adhering to Local/Group policies and procedures, including performing relevant KCSA/CST checks
* Assist in Annual revenue and cost budget process
* Drive implementation of business plans and associated projects
* Managing the Regional Product Forum. Work with business, control functions and cross border compliance in ensuring products addendums (country Addendum) for Nigeria are reviewed by all stakeholders and approved within set timelines.
* Drive and monitor FM adherence to relevant procedures, group policy and compliance requirement (e.g.: Block leave policy, code of conduct, gift policy etc.)
* Manage, distribute, monitor and file correspondences within FM, including communication and other relevant information dissemination and maintain up-to-date filling system
* Ensure all Delegated Authorities are current, maintained & adhered to and maintain & amend the dealing room policies and procedures manual. Ensure this document is always available for inspection and contains latest guidelines
* Responsible for user administration for local trading system and perform relevant system user ID control. E.g. Reuters Dealing, etc.
* Work with BORM to undertake periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BORM, when they occur
* Ensure that FM has robust Business Continuity/Disaster recovery plans in place - Act as Departmental Contingency Coordinator (DCC) for FM. Coordinate all BCP activities as per Group guidelines and ensure a BCP reporting is completed. Ensure BCP site is maintained in full working order by conducting regular tests to ensure all equipment is in good working order.
* Ensure the appropriate physical and system access is granted to the relevant FM staff and responsible for the dealing room visitation policy compliance.
To apply, click preferred job titles.