Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
- Andela is seeking a Director of Learning and Technology with world-class expertise in training software developers to lead the education of our thousands of fellows at locations all over Africa.
- You will develop strategies to ensure our fellows succeed in their job placements, which incorporate feedback from both fellows and clients to create virtuous circles.
- You will devise strategies to align learning outcomes with client success.
- You know how to build educational programs that can scale and build teams that execute on an international scale.
- You will be a vital leader in our efforts to transform the opportunities of our fellows and deliver outstanding experiences to our clients.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in software development
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative learning
- Loves unlocking the potential of others
- Can deftly distill your wide range of knowledge to the key insight a student needs to move forward
- Has a keen sense of how systems enable or hinder personal growth
In this job you will:
- You will lead our education efforts. Working in close concert with Andela’s leadership team, you will establish and execute a strategic approach to facilitate all learning of Fellows through the four year fellowship program including both the intensive initial training to continuous learning post-placement.
- You will ensure that curriculum and instruction are designed and implemented such that Andela fellows enjoy success with clients - thus supporting our most important business objectives.
You will also:
- Conduct systematic objective assessments of current training; identify strengths and weaknesses in light of industry standards.
- Oversee all aspects of curriculum content development.
- Develop and execute an accountability-focused training program for instructors.
- Establish strategy, plan and systems needed to facilitate company objectives via continuing education for team and Fellows throughout 4 year fellowship.
- Define metrics to effectively measure, benchmark and monitor the impact of learning and development on the business.
- Support the development of budgets, cost projections and analyses to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Regularly report progress to company leadership and assess opportunities to improve or pivot.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria and travel regularly to Nairobi, Kenya and New York, NY, USA.
- 10+ years leading development and delivery of educational programs with a focus on engineering/software development and/or project management within the high tech or business consulting industries.
- Deep understanding of the needs of businesses who require software developers that can operate remotely.
- Experience teaching, training teachers, monitoring and evaluating programs, and incorporating learning back into training.
- Demonstrated understanding of scalable learning technologies, training methods, and content authoring techniques.
- Highly collaborative with experience building rapport, confidence and trust among all team members.
- Experience designing and implementing feedback loops through monitoring and evaluation systems for large-scale training programs for continuous improvement.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Education, Computer Science or a related field.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Andela Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.