If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We're looking for a skilled, curious and passionate Business Operations ( Finance) Lead who wants to make a difference.
At OLX we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
At OLX we improve people’s lives by bringing them together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. OLX wins. And most of all, you win. Being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirits.
- We believe in creating a richer world by empowering people
- Every day millions of people across the globe use OLX to buy and sell goods
- We serve over 240 million unique users every month
- We generate traffic of over 11 billion monthly page views in more than 40 countries
Example: As a Business Operations (Finance) Lead at OLX Nigeria you will be a significant driver for our fast growing business in an international, entrepreneurial environment. Reporting to the Country Manager for Nigeria, the role involves working across cultures and countries and providing strategic leadership in all aspects of business operations. You will be responsible for the development, execution and monitoring of key finance initiatives across the OLX business in Nigeria and will also work collaboratively with other functions including Marketing, Product and Business Development to drive overall business objectives
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
Rsponsibilities includes but is not limited to the below
- Overall Funds Management
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and
- Forecast cashflow positions and available funds for day-to-day business
- Maintain relevant banking and partner
- Budgeting and Accounting
- Prepare the company’s budget and ensure expenses are in-line with approved
- Report variances on approved budget with clear rationale.
- Actively participate in the formulation of overall strategic direction.
- Financial Analysis
- Engage in on-going cost management in all areas of the
- Engage in benchmarking studies to identify areas of potential operational improvements.
- Compile key business metrics and create additional analysis and reports as requested.
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines and stay abreast of changes in financial regulation and legislation.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- MBA or any other relevant Master’s degree would be preferable
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or other relevant professional certifications in Accounting is a plus.
- 7+ years experience in leading roles in Internet / Consulting / Audit
- Experience in using data analysis applications (e.g. Excel) and Financial management software (e.g. Quickbooks, Oracle) is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving, data driven, analytical, technical and numerical abilities with strong attention to detail is crucial.
- Experience leading diverse teams both culturally and across geographies, especially within West Africa, is a plus.
- Fast learner in a very dynamic environment. Strong hands-on attitude that enjoys creating and implementing new business ideas.
- Work experience in high-performance environments with a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements in an international field.
- Passionate about online and has deep interest in developing businesses.
- Humble, flexible personality with knowledge of the local Nigerian market.
- Articulate, clear thinker; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Fun diverse, inclusive and fair environment with a commitment to training, plus a relaxed casual attire
- Medical (including vision), Dental, coverage for employee and eligible dependents
- Performance based Rewards & Recognition that include competitive compensation, annual merit review
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.
Improve the world.
If you have any further questions with regards this career opportunity, please feel free to contact us through the contact form or send your resume/cv to email@example.com.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on OLX